Golden light of Paris Sunset...

KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
edited May 20, 2005 in People
Hi all,

Here is one of the pictures I processed today from my recent trip to Paris. The Parisian sunsets are just magnificent and bathe the entire city in gorgeous golden light...just right for portraits. What do you think of this beautiful young lady?
22533793-L.jpg

Comments

• JubbaKingJubbaKing Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    I like the golden light in the bg but I think the girl is OOF while the fence is sharp...unless you just smoothed her skin a ton. :)
    Nate Grant: Living Legend
  • KevinKalKevinKal Registered Users Posts: 246 Major grins
    edited May 19, 2005
    Hi JubbaKing...
    Hmmm...yup, I did do some PS work on the skin, but not too much. Perhaps I'll have a go at it again in the morning to bring out a bit of detail. Thanks for the commentsthumb.gif .

Cheers,
    Kevin K.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    KevinKal wrote:
    Hi all,

Here is one of the pictures I processed today from my recent trip to Paris. The Parisian sunsets are just magnificent and bathe the entire city in gorgeous golden light...just right for portraits. What do you think of this beautiful young lady?
    22533793-L.jpg

Kevin, priviet!
    Good photo! If you dont mind - my advice in PS.
    Copy layer (Ctrl J)
    Select the main object (girl).
    Press Ctrl+Shift+I (invert)
    Filter-> Blur ->Radial blur -> Zoom (10)
    Ctrl+D
    Use Healing brush for edges of the zoom zone in the center...

In this case your main object becomes realy main (not the fence) Plus some originality by using zoom effect...
    Sorry for advice,
    Yuri
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Hi Kevin.. very interesting shot. I just could'nt decide which to focus on the fence (which is great) or the model who is great... I agree with Yuri on the blending. Love to see her without the glasses too.. bet she has great eyes:D
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    KevinKal wrote:
    Hi all,

22533793-L.jpg
    Call me old fashioned, and not to sound harsh, I love the light and the colors, but she is smack in the middle both horizontal and vertical. For me it makes the shot somewhat boring, and I lose attention fast.

FWIW,

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Kevin, priviet!
    Good photo! If you dont mind - my advice in PS.
    Copy layer (Ctrl J)
    Select the main object (girl).
    Press Ctrl+Shift+I (invert)
    Filter-> Blur ->Radial blur -> Zoom (10)
    Ctrl+D
    Use Healing brush for edges of the zoom zone in the center...

In this case your main object becomes realy main (not the fence) Plus some originality by using zoom effect...
    Sorry for advice,
    Yuri
    I tried that technique, nice tip, thanks for the lesson, I'll put it in my bag'o'tricks.

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com
    edited May 20, 2005
    Xo
    Hi XO,

I never noticed it, but you're absolutely right - I placed her smack in the middle of both a horizontal and vertical area! I was so caught up in capturing the light that composition apparently went out the windowne_nau.gif . I'll have to look through the other pics and see if there's an improved version.

Kevin K.
    edited May 20, 2005
    Yuri...
    Privet Yuri,

Thank you very much for the comment, and especially for the tip. I'll give it a go this afternoon and see if I can't improve the shot. I'll try and post the results...

Spasibos,
    Kevin K.
    edited May 20, 2005
    Yuri...
    Hi Yuri,

I tried the technique you explained with the radial blur, and this is what I came up with:

22594232-M.jpg

Is this the effect your were explaining?

Thank you for sharing your tips,
    Kevin K.