Display Cameras Wanted

KEYHOLEKEYHOLE Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited January 29, 2009 in Cameras
I'm looking for some cheap SLR cameras for display purposes. The cameras do not need to be functional. Any sources?

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 20, 2009
    KEYHOLE wrote:
    I'm looking for some cheap SLR cameras for display purposes. The cameras do not need to be functional. Any sources?

KEH has an "As Is" section.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • jrmyrnsmjrmyrnsm Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    I'd check out ebay and see if you could find a broken/water damaged camera. You could also look for old film SLR camera either on ebay or craigslist. Good luck!
    Georgia based wedding photographer shooting all Fuji and loving every second of it!

My Website My Blog DPChallenge
  • KEYHOLEKEYHOLE Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    KEH has an "As Is" section.

Thanks. KEH has what I'm looking for.
  • cpallencpallen Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    How about a pawn shop?
    KEYHOLE wrote:
    Or maybe some saturday garage sales?
  • KEYHOLEKEYHOLE Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I received (3) old SLR camera bodies and lenses in the mail today from KEH. Cost $30 including s/h. The cameras are perfect for my needs. Thanks for the help!

KEYHOLE
  • VE6ABVE6AB Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited January 29, 2009
    At one time I had a rather large collection of old cameras that I found in garage sales, second hand shops, etc. Lately, I was prowling around the antique shops located in the small town of Nanton (2500 population and a destination for shoppers out of Calgary). I could not help but look at the old cameras and noticed they were going un-wanted, as the prices were dead cheap. I suspect this is due to the fact that the younger population, growing up on digital cameras are not interested in cameras from their grandparents era. Just a thought.