Don't see this everyday...

Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
edited January 20, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
at least most people don't. I guess this is the appropriate forum for this.

An old Packard...in what looked to be [almost] flawless condition. Sorry for the bad pics, we were going about 70mph when I saw this and HAD to take a few pics (we had already passed by it when I realized what it was, so we slowed down to let the driver catch up.) It makes me wonder what the story - where is it coming from? Where is it going? Will it be driven or stored in a garage? Will it be crushed and scrapped or used for parts?

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg
Please do not copy, edit, rehost or repost my images without permission.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey

Comments

• eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Everything on that trailer is too nice to be headed for teh crusher. My guess would be that it's on it's way to a new home. I have a friend who owns a similar one.

You didn't happen to get any pictures of that fifty-something Ford(?) up on top, did you?
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Matt518Matt518 Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    You didn't happen to get any pictures of that fifty-something Ford(?) up on top, did you?

Unfortunately not. Since we slowed down to let him catch up, I literally only had a few seconds to take a few snapshots before we had to resume speed.
    Please do not copy, edit, rehost or repost my images without permission.

We must look at it. We're required to look at it. We are required to do what we can about it. If we don't........who will? - James Nachtwey