A try at 17, feedback please!

mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited January 23, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Title: It's been one week

3212676797_90ab69d87c.jpg

Comments

• photobrandophotobrando Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Interesting self portrait. Lots of detail and cool post production work. Coming from a drawing background, the definite focus is the lips, with the eye naturally wandering around the image to look at the other details...with the eye going back to the lips. Cool image.

My only suggestion is to take the same photo again, but take your shirt off so that the collar of the shirt does not become a focal point.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Ha! - I like the idea - it was actually one of the images that popped into my head when brainstorming.

I can not help but wonder though if you have sharpened it a tad too much - the whiskers in the bottom right corner show white dot artifacts and the noise in that area is quite pronounced, if this was purposeful then forgive me.
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    Interesting self portrait. Lots of detail and cool post production work. Coming from a drawing background, the definite focus is the lips, with the eye naturally wandering around the image to look at the other details...with the eye going back to the lips. Cool image.

My only suggestion is to take the same photo again, but take your shirt off so that the collar of the shirt does not become a focal point.
    Great suggestion, I'll try that! Thanks

sherstone wrote:
    Ha! - I like the idea - it was actually one of the images that popped into my head when brainstorming.

I can not help but wonder though if you have sharpened it a tad too much - the whiskers in the bottom right corner show white dot artifacts and the noise in that area is quite pronounced, if this was purposeful then forgive me.
    I think you're right, it's a little of both. Between the processing and sharpening, it caused a bit of noise. I'll go back and try to reduce that
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    HA! I was wondering just today if anybody was going to do stubble!

I really like this idea, especially if you can incorporate the previous suggestions. Great start! thumb.gif
  • KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    divamum wrote:

I really like this idea, especially if you can incorporate the previous suggestions. Great start! thumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
    edited January 21, 2009
    I didn't get any time to reshoot yesterday so I will be doing it tonight after work and I hope to have something posted shortly there after. I have to submit my entry before Friday because I will be traveling and have limited internet access for the next week.

Can't wait for input on the reshoot.
    edited January 23, 2009
    Here is the reshoot I just did, I hope I incorporated all of your feedback.

3219479411_d53108f288.jpg
  • KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    I like the reshoot very much.
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    mpaulie wrote:
    Here is the reshoot I just did, I hope I incorporated all of your feedback.

thumb.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    It's great!

The only thing I wonder is... what happens if you crop it with a tilt (assuming there's enough space around the original to allow that)? May be a wash, but I keep looking at it and wondering what sort of effect it might make...

Good job!thumb.gif
    edited January 23, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    It's great!

The only thing I wonder is... what happens if you crop it with a tilt (assuming there's enough space around the original to allow that)? May be a wash, but I keep looking at it and wondering what sort of effect it might make...

Good job!thumb.gif

Not a bad idea, I'll turn things around and see how it looks. And a big thanks again to everyone who posted feedback! I hope the reshoot will do me good because I can't do it again. Shaved it all off not too long after, good riddance! rolleyes1.gif