mexican children.

pepper44pepper44 Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
edited May 20, 2005 in People
I just joined this site...I would love any feedback on my pictures. I love photography, but I'm finding that it's hard to figure out all of these technical things all alone...

These are pictures of Mexican children I met on a trip a year or so ago. Some image quality was lost when I scanned them.

upcloseboy002.jpg

girls001.jpg

twogirls001.jpg

danny002.jpg

brothers001.jpg

lilboy001.jpg

girlandchubbybaby002.jpg

It frustrates me that these displayed very large.. I'm sorry. I resized all of them, and when I posted them elsewhere they were normal. It's just here that they are coming out big. *grrrr* :scratch

To take a quick look at them normal sized you can go here.

Comments

• Sheila SmartSheila Smart Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Welcome to the site, Pepper. As one who takes a lot of candid shots of folk, may I offer some advice. When shooting images such as these, its wise to use and aperture of f/4 to f/5.6 which would blur any distracting background. You don't indicate which camera you have (I assume its not digital because of the scanning - which does not look the best!) or the lenses you may have used.

You will learn a lot from forums such as these as well as buying photo mags and checking out photographic books. As you will see from my sig, technique isn't everything.

Cheers
    Sheila
    Sheila Smart
    Canon 20D and various Ls
    Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/sheila

All the technique in the world does not compensate for the inability to notice - Elliott Erwitt
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Hi Pepper!! welcome wave.gif

I enjoyed looking at your pictures.. this is definately the place to learn and make some new photo friends.. glad to have you aboard.:D