Options

My First Trash the Dress Session

jedgar8585jedgar8585 Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Weddings
Here is a picture from my first "Trash the Dress" Session. I hope you all enjoy it.

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Perfectly fine photo....love seeing them totally into it!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    Very nice!
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    She looks nice and relaxed. very nice.
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    hmmm, other than we can see her bramwink.gif I think her expression makes this a nice one! a little punch in post processing could make this a real stunner.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    A slight crop from the bottom, darken the top a bit and brighten her face a bit and darken the rest to highlight that great expression and as mentioned a little levels adjustment and this is a killer shot.

Very nice as is. You captured a great mood with this.
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    You can't crop from the bottom. You need to keep the reflection of the groom in the water. That is the groom right? ;)
    geoff
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Wow, beautiful! I wish I would have brave brides like that, my TTD ladies won't hang out in the water for too long, they usually just run in to the sea and out again rolleyes1.gif

Beautiful photo, agree with urbanaries, ... tweak it a bit more in PS, and it will be one for the wall! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2009
    You can't crop from the bottom. You need to keep the reflection of the groom in the water. That is the groom right? ;)

Yes, that is her husband. And they were both very easy to work with. We took about 990 pictures that day ranging from them on and in an old rusted GTO to stables, on horse back, down town, on rail road tracks and then in the rapids of the Rappahanock river in Fredericksburg, VA.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I really had a good time doing this shoot and the 11 minute video we did from some of the photos turned out really nice.
  • Options
    JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Fantastic image!!! Nice job!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • Options
    sherijohnsonsherijohnson Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009

Good observation, I didn't see his reflection till you pointed it out!:D
    Sheri Johnson
    Atlanta, GA USA
    my smugmug
    Atlanta Modern Wedding Photographer
    SheriJohnsonPhotography.com
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Good observation, I didn't see his reflection till you pointed it out!:D

Thanks, I'm working hard to notice things in my own images BEFORE taking them which translates into me seeing background things in other people images.

I'm not that keen on wedding pictures, but I REALLY like this one. I like the composition just the way it is.
    geoff
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2009
    Thanks, I'm working hard to notice things in my own images BEFORE taking them which translates into me seeing background things in other people images.

I'm not that keen on wedding pictures, but I REALLY like this one. I like the composition just the way it is.
    I really appreciate the comments I'm getting from everyone. It's a far cry from the first photos I posted here. I'm glad I stuck with it.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    IN my opinion the reflection of the husband does not add to the shot. Take a look at it with a crop from the bottom. Just my opinion of course.

jedgar8585 wrote:
    Yes, that is her husband. And they were both very easy to work with. We took about 990 pictures that day ranging from them on and in an old rusted GTO to stables, on horse back, down town, on rail road tracks and then in the rapids of the Rappahanock river in Fredericksburg, VA.

That you everyone for your comments. I really had a good time doing this shoot and the 11 minute video we did from some of the photos turned out really nice.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    I like the image a lot. I wonder how long I could have looked and never noticed the bra... powerful image!!!!! I would love to see more from the set.

Was the flash off camera and to your right?

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    barbaraloqwbarbaraloqw Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 25, 2009
    :jawdropit's amazing work. how long it takes to learn doing some like this?
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0">
    cool.gif
    </object>
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2009
    mmmatt wrote:
    I like the image a lot. I wonder how long I could have looked and never noticed the bra... powerful image!!!!! I would love to see more from the set.

Was the flash off camera and to your right?

Matt

Thanks. During this part of the shoot I was not using a flash. Just the sun and what ever reflections I could get off of the water/rocks.

If you want to see more of this shoot, you can visit my website. www.trustedexposures.com. Under portfolio select Samantha & Mike and down at the bottom of the page are some more photos from the shoot. There is also an 11 minute video of about 110 of the images put to music that the bride chose.
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2009
    :jawdropit's amazing work. how long it takes to learn doing some like this?
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0">
    cool.gif
    </object>

This was my first trash the dress session and it just went very smoothly. I've been shooting professionally for 3 years and I just think with each time I pick up my camera I get a little better. Lots of reading and studying others pictures, especially here on Dgrin and on DPChallenge.

For this particular event I think it was made easier because I had such a playful bride and a her husband was very wiling to just take the entire day and go where ever. It also helped that I was willing to climb into the water too and risk my camera for the shot.