My first candids...

gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
edited May 22, 2005 in People
Decided to shoot some people a few days ago... Any comments appreciated!

22405482-L.jpg

22406124-L.jpg

22406573-L.jpg

22407421-L.jpg
There's a thin line between genius and stupid.

Comments

• RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    really like the first one. Erny (or is that bert) seems very happy with his new friend.:D

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    RocketMan wrote:
    really like the first one. Erny (or is that bert) seems very happy with his new friend.:D

RM
    I like number one and number two.. number two made me smile.. I think I would have cropped the right side a little closer as I found the people in the back a little distracting but thats just me.. nice jobthumb.gif
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Great shots, I love 1,2,3, the half guy the back is a little distracting on 3, maybe if he was all in it would help, I dunno for sure. 4 seems a little flat to me I hope you don't mind I tried resetting the black point on it.

22574995-O.jpg

James.
  • gregneilgregneil Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    Thanks for the feedback! I agree the people in the background of number 2 are a bit distracting. Maybe I'll clone 'em out, I think a crop might put the subject too far to the right... That guy in the background of number 3, though, he's probably going to have to stay, annoying as he is.

James - I like your subtle change - I didn't realize the boy was so washed out in the original, but he stands out much better now. Thanks!
    There's a thin line between genius and stupid.
  • JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    gregneil wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback! I agree the people in the background of number 2 are a bit distracting. Maybe I'll clone 'em out, I think a crop might put the subject too far to the right... That guy in the background of number 3, though, he's probably going to have to stay, annoying as he is.

James - I like your subtle change - I didn't realize the boy was so washed out in the original, but he stands out much better now. Thanks!
    All I did was set the darkest pixel on his left shoulder to black.

James.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    gregneil wrote:
    Decided to shoot some people a few days ago... Any comments appreciated!
    oh dear! i'm calling the police!

anyway, nice pictures, especially the first.
  • SirArmstrongSirArmstrong Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    I like all but the third shot. Lighting is great crisp but the content doesn't draw me in. My fav is the 1st one. Thanks.
    Steve

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."

Ansel Adams