renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited January 22, 2009 in People
459238734_qBjLu-L.jpg

Comments

• WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    ren wrote:
    459238734_qBjLu-L.jpg

I'm not a fan of crooked pictures especially with a belly cause it looks a little like she is falling but I like everything else about it! The colors are nice!
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    For me, I'm not a fan of the angle on this shot.
    Also: not a fan of the dramatic difference in brightness toward the lower left: too distracting and draws away form the subject.
    I thought the red color was fine, and the white shirt covered with a dark blazer/jacket was a good move: it emphasized the belly, which is half the subject of this image (I think) (and note: I'm being figurative here, so don't take that comment wrong.)

Come to think of it: had the shot been tipped to the back (so she was laying down), I think it might have worked better.

The door hinge leading almost into her head and the knot hole behind her are tough, too.

Beautiful woman.
    Nice hair and makeup.
    lighting good to emphasize her.
    contrasts good (except above mentioned).
    "if it bends, bend it" good

OK, I hope that wasn't TMI. Or too direct.
    (Please forgive me if either is true; I've not written my comments/critique on DGrin before, only in my local photo group and the associate forum. If someone's got a C&C of my C&C, I'm up for it.:D)
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    It's best summed up as, nice shot, wrong angle. Like the colors and pose.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Hi Jessica,
    Love the colors in this shot. The mix of her clothes against that awesome wood color is a great mix.
    I am not a huge fan of the tilt in people pics. It might work here if it was just a smidge..not quite so much.
    Nice job!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Im a tilter myself so tilting in and of itself doesn't really bother me. This one, however, is over tilted.....(.too much.)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 22, 2009
    The picture is tilted? I thought I was still drunk! :)

Yes, too much is anything past just enough and I'd say this could be backed off quite a bit. I think a skewed angle is generally implying whimisical or goofy (two things I am intimitely familiar with) and something about a pregnancy shot makes me think it should be shot pretty conventional.

Also for my own taste I would bump the contrast up a hair, it would be too easy to go overboard as it's already pretty good but a little would make things really pop.

Everything else looks perfect to me!
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Okay, okay! :) So it's over tilted. Got it. Thank you for all the CC.