Some beach shots from Wollongong

FL00DYFL00DY Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited January 23, 2009 in Landscapes
So I got some good practise in on Sunday when a bunch of mates and I went to North Wollongong beach for birthdays of two friends. I got lots of the water and looking across at the lighthouses.

1)
458240856_HdhPe-XL.jpg

2)
458241640_xPfYz-XL.jpg

3)
458242129_vxiEA-XL.jpg

4)
458242461_B8pnS-XL.jpg

5)
458243379_dNT9Z-XL.jpg

6)
458243487_Ut9Ki-L.jpg

7)
458243567_ueVuT-L.jpg

Not sure of these above two I like more ??? I think the first one.
“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” - Jeremy Clarkson

My Blog: www.floody82.com
My Photos: floody82.smugmug.com

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    hey, floody!

I lived in the Gong some of my youth. it was an easy place to love, despite the industry. think it might have got too big now and lost some of its charm? though North Beach doesn't look too much different. it had a wonderful mix of nationalities, all fitted in the narrow space between the wild escarpment and the sea, the National Park and the rural south coast. like a global working class village of the south. you could get authentic Italian, Greek and East European food, go to watch soccer and join in the ethnic festivities at their various times. I lived in an apartment building just a block back from where you took these pics. I had a fantastic view of the Pacific. I see they have built a pool where the old open seawater pool was. is it still seawater in it? I played in the Wollongong Symphony Orchestra and sang with the Wollongong Singers, both at that time run by people from the Music Department at Wollongong University.

thanks for the nice pics! thumb.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • FL00DYFL00DY Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Hi Neil. Yeah I haven't spent much time around the gong, mostly I'm driving through. My friends love the night life though.

A bit of C&C on my images would be great, I like them and they kinda look like a postcard shot to me ... but I'm sure there is some way I could have made them better.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” - Jeremy Clarkson

edited January 22, 2009
    FL00DY wrote:
    Hi Neil. Yeah I haven't spent much time around the gong, mostly I'm driving through. My friends love the night life though.

A bit of C&C on my images would be great, I like them and they kinda look like a postcard shot to me ... but I'm sure there is some way I could have made them better.

I like #5 the most. Yes, it's postcard style.

What do you shoot with?

Neil

edited January 22, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    I like #5 the most. Yes, it's postcard style.

What do you shoot with?

Neil
    Nikon D90 and the two kit lens. It's been a long time since I took up something that I don't know much about. A mate also started photography late last year with a 450D I think and so we're going to do a course in Feb.

edited January 23, 2009
    FL00DY wrote:
    Nikon D90 and the two kit lens. It's been a long time since I took up something that I don't know much about. A mate also started photography late last year with a 450D I think and so we're going to do a course in Feb.

Nice gear!

What is the course, and where and how much?

edited January 23, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Nice gear!

What is the course, and where and how much?

Thanks. Not sure where or how much yet. He said the local community college runs them, but will have a look around