#17 not by the hair...

BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
edited January 22, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
First of all, let me just say that it's REALLY hard to take a handheld close-up self portrait with a macro lens and low light!!! After about a hundred out of focus blobs and blurry missed shots, here's what i have to show for it.

...on my chinny-chin-chin
459279707_iVqrM-L.jpg

Just a few days left and I'm running on fumes! So...is the framing horrible? DOF too shallow? Concept too fuzzy? Should I start setting up traps for those dust bunnies multiplying under my bed???
Nikon D300, 17-35, 24-70, 70-200, 105 Macro, Tokina 11-16, Lensbaby, iPhone!

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    OMG! Talk about up close and personal. rolleyes1.gif

I like it, but I think you may want to try a reshoot to get better DOF. The blur on the upper left is OK, but the blur on the lower left is distracting. The sharpness on the rest of the shot is A+. thumb.gif
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited January 21, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    OMG! Talk about up close and personal. rolleyes1.gif

I like it, but I think you may want to try a reshoot to get better DOF. The blur on the upper left is OK, but the blur on the lower left is distracting. The sharpness on the rest of the shot is A+. thumb.gif

I was thinking the same thing about the blur there. Reshoot...ugh!

So umm, is it just waaaay too "up close"? :uhoh
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Actually, I think it's great as is. Maybe play with cropping some off the left and that'll really hit it.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• KwartaKwarta Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Actually, I think it's great as is. Maybe play with cropping some off the left and that'll really hit it.

15524779-Ti.gif
    http://kbkphoto.com/

There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept.~Ansel Adams
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009

15524779-Ti.gif.

Btw, what made it impossible to shoot using some kind of support + the timer? Just curious....
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I like this photo a lot but agree with the rest about the out of focus area.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • BenjerBenjer Registered Users Posts: 275 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif.

Btw, what made it impossible to shoot using some kind of support + the timer? Just curious....

well, i couldn't get it to focus unless i was holding the release button...but i'm probably doing something wrong! ne_nau.gif