Options

CS4 Extended

RalphAdamRalphAdam Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Finishing School
I upgraded to Extended primarily for the marvelous feature that combines multiple images, eliminating extraneous elements (e.g., people walking through a scene): file>scripts>statistics>median

Extended, of course, also permits extraordinary 3-D manipulation. I have been unable to find a good book, however, that focuses on Extended's special features.

Does anyone know of (1) a good PS Extended book (OK if CS3); and/or (2) a good set of video tutorials?

thanks,

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    It could be that there wasn't much changed on the extended side so noting new has been written since CS3 EXTENDED came out......kist an assumption after searching amazon.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    goldilocksandmy3bearsgoldilocksandmy3bears Registered Users Posts: 423 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I am having the same problem..I haven't been able to find a book. However, there are some tutorials at http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-cs4/tutorials/photoshop-cs4-tutorials.html that I have used.
    Courtney
    Courtney
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    RalphAdam wrote:
    I upgraded to Extended primarily for the marvelous feature that combines multiple images, eliminating extraneous elements (e.g., people walking through a scene): file>scripts>statistics>median

Extended, of course, also permits extraordinary 3-D manipulation. I have been unable to find a good book, however, that focuses on Extended's special features.

Does anyone know of (1) a good PS Extended book (OK if CS3); and/or (2) a good set of video tutorials?

thanks,

Are you a member of NAPP? If not, it is worth $100 a year. deal.gif
    They have plenty of tuts on CS4 in the member section...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    RalphAdamRalphAdam Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I am having the same problem..I haven't been able to find a book. However, there are some tutorials at http://www.photoshopsupport.com/photoshop-cs4/tutorials/photoshop-cs4-tutorials.html that I have used.
    Courtney

thanks -- there is a book for CS3 Extended by Dayley, but CS4 Extended has significantly changed the extended elements--I will wait for her CS4 version, if she is working on it. I asked her publisher, Wiley, but they were less-than-helpful. I am a member of NAPP, but they have no tutorials (other than brief Corey Barker freebies) that focus on Extended -- especially the aspects of the program that although not 3D are valuable for photographers--such as the median process under "statistics," which will allow you to get rid of pedestrians or cars from scenes. Here is the name of Dayley's book:
    Photoshop CS3 Extended Video and 3D Bible (Paperback)