A little less tilt

renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
edited January 24, 2009 in People
It's still tilted, I know...Any CC is welcome. Thanks!
459612581_QqNuS-L.jpg

Comments

• fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I think this is a better tilt than the other one! I would suggest, however, that perhaps you do a tighter crop? Less doorway, even cropping off her knees. Like just below her right hand. (Hope that makes sense) I think it would take the focus off of the tilt & put it more onto her belly! Also, did you do some kind of pp on this to give it that cream-tint? It kinda works for this shot, but if you didn't do it on purpose- then I think your wb is off! :) As I said, I kinda like it with this picture, but it might affect future pics!
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I agree with the tilt being better. I also agree with a tighter crop. In smaller pictures your subject will be...well...smaller.

Nice picture. I like your processing. Your subject is very photogenic.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I like this tile better but I think the brightness on the sides takes away from the subject. The color of the wood seems too much the same color as her hair. Could you crop tighter maybe with her a little off center to the left then burn or vignette to bring down the brightness of the wood? I also would like to see the picture without a tilt or did you shoot it that way?
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    Definitely better tilt!thumb.gif
    I'd like to see less DoF so the (somewhat distracting) background wasn't so clear.
    I struggle a little with cropping; I like the idea, but it starts to lose too much of the scene. Maybe if the doorway weren't so visibly wide? (like if you changed the angle up by moving to the side to shrink the opening and still allow a tighter crop.
    I think the red barn look was a better color (for my tastes) than the cream house; it just mixes in too well.

Lastly, this is just something that's bothered me with modern hair styles, I don't care for the obvious coloring near the roots of her hair. I bet this is one of those things that'll be, "so 2000s!" (imagine the valley girl accept on that and you get the idea). I absolutely love the look, but not when I can see right down on the roots. Again, taking the image to the side would clean up this concern.
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • renren Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    2nd and 3rd drafts
    Thank you for all the C & C. Here is what I've done with it from your advice. I don't know if I like them though... too much debris inside the doorway.

I did actually take the photo at that angle-just a fresh new take on things that I was trying out with this shoot. I think the cream house color is coming from the burn tool. And I thought better of retouching her roots (she's a hairdresser!)

460478584_jCVC3-L.jpg

460479153_v6E7V-L.jpg
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Agreed that this tilti s better than the other but I stlll doesn't feel right to me. The brightness of the building at the edge of the frames moves my eyes out and away from her belly. Maybe rather than lightening the building up, try darkening it? A dark vigentte maybe? Maybe this picture would work in a split tone?

I prefer #3 but I think it would be a whole lot better, if as Nate suggested, you moved to the left to shrink the door oopening. As also suggested, I would PP out much of the clutter in the building starting with the blueish near the right side of her head.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook