camera is processing pictures very slow?

nikmolsonnikmolson Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited January 22, 2009 in Cameras
so i have had my Nikon D60 for a while now and had a crummy 2 GB card in it and it has always loaded the pictures a bit slow after i took them, when using my brothers D40 with a extreme III i would notice how much faster his was and always figured it was just my card, recently the time it took for pictures to load after i snapped them seemed to be even longer and i figured my card was just slowing down because it was getting full of pictures but i was getting sick of it so i ordered a 4 gb extreme III and i got it last night, i tired it out right away and it hasnt sped things up at all... even at a high shutter speed it still takes about 2 seconds for my picture to pop up on screen and with my brothers lower end camera with the same card they pop up pretty much instantly... any ideas?

Comments

• RobinivichRobinivich Registered Users Posts: 438 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2009
    I don't know the nikon side of things terribly well, but I'd check what settings you're both using, high ISOs, noise reduction, RAW files, there are a bunch of things out there that can slow a camera down. If he's pumping out JPEGs at ISO 100 and you're outputting ISO 1600 RAWs with high ISO noise reduction (or whatever nikon calls it), it would explain a great deal.