My SO at the park

XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
edited May 20, 2005 in People
Taken last summer, in a park in Boise, ID used selective desaturation, the colors are real.
13332004-L.jpg

Figured after critiquing others, it is time for me to face up to it.

XO,
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    The XO SO? lol3.gif Very nice. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited May 20, 2005
    XO-Studios wrote:
    Taken last summer, in a park in Boise, ID used selective desaturation, the colors are real.
    13332004-L.jpg

Figured after critiquing others, it is time for me to face up to it.

XO,
    Very nice. If it were up to me, I'd consider cropping the vertical bar on the right of the frame out. This would decenter your portrait even more to the right and remove a distracting element.
    The highlights on the left side of her face ( my right as I look at it ) seem blown on this monitor at work, but they might be OK as my work monitor suffers from a limited contrast range. Minor nits, really - nice shot.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    cool shot... I agree with Pathfinder re the crop. Love the black and white!
  • XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Very nice. If it were up to me, I'd consider cropping the vertical bar on the right of the frame out. This would decenter your portrait even more to the right and remove a distracting element.
    The highlights on the left side of her face ( my right as I look at it ) seem blown on this monitor at work, but they might be OK as my work monitor suffers from a limited contrast range. Minor nits, really - nice shot.
    The highlights are blown out, and while I was a little disappointed in that myself, I still like the rest so much I decided to keep it.

On the crop, I tried to crop the vert bar out on the right, but staying with conventional w:h ratios, I would get a crop that would be just below her chin, with the hair already spilling out on top (purposely) not seeing some part of a neckline just really messes up the picture.

The pic btw was just a casual hey I have the camera here anyway lets snap a couple of shots, I have often thought about redoing this shot.

Thanks for the advice

XO,
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com