Options

Setting prices

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 23, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
OK, I am getting close to setting up my on line prices. The question I have is it seems like it could be fairly labor intensive, so is there ant way to access the pricing feature without activating the printing option for visitors?

I would hate to have someone buy a print at cost while I am in the middle of inputting prices.

Sam

Comments

• Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Uhmmm...maybe try this?

When you are in the setting the price page, at the top are four links...

Image, Gallery, Galleries, Portfolio.

If you select galleries and then select all the galleries you wish to adjust (in this case all your galleries), and tell it to put decrease 100% to all products for all those galleries, it will adjust every photo in every gallery all at once to the price of 0, so there will be no products for sale.

This is also a GREAT feature to price everything once it's ready to be priced. If you are pricing everything the same (by this I mean not making one photo of the same size more spendy than another, all prices are the same for the specific size, if that makes sense) then you can set up one gallery at first to the prices you wish, then select the "galleries" option at the top and apply that pricing to every gallery you wish to apply that pricing too. It makes it SO much easier than doing gallery by gallery. Once this is done, if you want to make any adjustments to specific photos, you can take care of that afterwards.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Candid Arts,

That sounds like a reasonable idea. I plan to do my pricing a little different than most, which will make it somewhat labor intensive, but by trying to set global prices, and then editing the exceptions maybe I can save some time.

I have my fine art images cropped for a specific size, and most images would suffer if cropped to a different aspect ratio, so my plan is adjust the available sizes based on the individual image.

Thanks

Sam