Nothing Special 2

sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited February 4, 2009 in Sports
Some recent stuff.

Nikon D3, ISO 5000, 1/640, f2.8, 70-200vr or 24-70. wb 3700-3850.
Using new d3 firmware for 1st time, ver, 2.01

459352324_6Uxbh-XL.jpg

459353894_oTjTg-XL.jpg

459354236_NNmje-XL.jpg

459339739_dWNe7-XL.jpg

459341589_UmqkE-XL.jpg

459346146_KtqE2-XL.jpg

459357328_PYU9S-XL.jpg

459357967_k8EdH-XL.jpg

459359335_aADeG-XL.jpg

459361172_MHTHp-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Hi Marc,
    Still trying to get a little clarification. You must have missed the question in your other post - in a number of posts you use the term 'we'. So I'm curious if the work your posting is all photographs you personally have taken, or a mixture of yours and other photographers.
  • sportsshooter06sportsshooter06 Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    johng wrote:
    Hi Marc,
    Still trying to get a little clarification. You must have missed the question in your other post - in a number of posts you use the term 'we'. So I'm curious if the work your posting is all photographs you personally have taken, or a mixture of yours and other photographers.

John, Not being (can't think of the word) a long time ago someone told me, not to use I I I I I I I I I I I I I I , so there fore, I got in the habit of saying WE.

I do shoot, with a team. All photos are mine.
    edited January 26, 2009
    John, sorry you did not respond to my answer, to your question.

Are the photos ok?

Wb, may be a little off? what do you think?
    edited January 26, 2009
    Marc - Sorry, didn't realize you were expecting a response back. You answered my question about the 'we' vs. 'I' and stated you weren't showing photos for the rest of your team, just the ones you took.

I think you've got some good action here. There's still a yellow tinge to a lot of these shots. For instance, shot 5 looks like natural skin tones to me. Compared, say, to the shot above it. Sharpness is good except for 4 & 9 which are soft. I think if you get the WB worked out these would really be great.
  • tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I think these are WAY to yellow and can be fixed very easily with auto color in Photoshop. I can post an example but only with your permission...
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
    edited January 27, 2009
    tjk60 wrote:
    I think these are WAY to yellow and can be fixed very easily with auto color in Photoshop. I can post an example but only with your permission...

tim

thanks, but not needed, the publications, that they are shot for can do there own color correction.

These photos are straight out of the camera, no PP at all, just no free time.

They may very well be slightly tinted, the lights are daylight balanced, the floors on most of these gyms are painted a color that reflects the light and adds some yellow tinge. The scene is as accurate as I can see, maybe i will try a slightly cooler K value next time 3500 or play around with the balance scale in the camera as i did saturday
    edited January 27, 2009
    tim

These photos are straight out of the camera, no PP at all, just no free time.

The scene is as accurate as I can see

Marc,
    when no one commented you asked for feedback. So here's honest feedback. In multiple posts of yours people have pointed out the WB issue. It's an ongoing issue that you get defensive about when it's brought up. So the advice is - keep working on the WB because it's a consistent problem in your shots.

The second piece of advice is this - if you want people to give honest critique of your work take the time to process the images. "I didn't have time" is a poor excuse for a professional photographer. Public posts are in a lot of ways a portfolio of your work. If you don't respect your work enough to take the time to get the images right, why should others respect it? And like 95% of shooters out there (me included) your work needs post processing. It's not a knock on you personally - every single shot I take needs post processing.

Now, this may seem like rough public criticism, but in light of the tone of the reviews you give to others' work you should be able to accept harsh critique yourself. Especially when you actively seek out such critique when it isn't immediately forthecoming.
  • JzazziJzazzi Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2009
    John is right on with his comments. You are posting some of your work in a public place for review, without putting any effort into making it presentable? Then you consistently ignore the constructive criticism from many users trying to help you (white balance much?). And now your defense is lack of free time or that someone else can worry about it.

Nothing special ... indeed.

-J