Options

Alex and Sharon pics...

zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
edited January 26, 2009 in Weddings
From two weeks ago, first wedding of the year. Great couple, they flew their flowers in from Hawaii, lei's for everyone and a headdress for the bride.
459943111_DDt6t-O.jpg
459943226_zAMDn-O.jpg
459943064_omkdS-O.jpg
459943040_G9Kps-O.jpg
459942928_DvbVa-O.jpg
459943180_m2Ajg-O.jpg
459943062_S73qB-O.jpg
459943108_e9vYH-O.jpg
459942954_Ma5i8-O.jpg
459942880_wGFQF-O.jpg
459943225_dG3vi-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Hi Zoomer, beautiful photos as always! iloveyou.gif

I think my favorite is #6, love the sun in the background! iloveyou.gif

Can I suggest some things to look at? I hope its not going to sound bad, I REALLY love your photos!

#1. Love that pic, but I think it would have been better if her hand would have been placed somewhere else ...

#2. very pretty (love the wallpaper btw!) Maybe a light vignette?

#3. Cool photo ... wish it would have been somewhere outside - but I know it's winter, so .... and BOY do I recognize that hallway! You won't believe it, but that's all I had as a background for my last weddings posed photos headscratch.gifdeal.gif ... I would also try to clone out some of the fire alarms / lights ne_nau.gif

#4. very pretty, love the soft focus, think it works on this pic really well.

#5. Beautiful, maybe a light vignette / "Zoomer PhotoShop love" & I would try to cut out the top right corner ... might be a bit distracting?

#6. Love it, ... maybe a bit grainy, but you could fix that ....

#7. Very nice. I would maybe straighten out the edge of the mirror .... Also, the couple seems to be a little "stiff"? (Thrust me I'm running into that problem more than I want ... so .... ) ... wish they would be a bit more intimate ne_nau.gif

#8. Cute :), maybe the background is a bit distracting?

#9. Haha, cool shot. Aloha! :D

#10. Perfect shot.

#11. Haha, well here we go, if that's not intimate!!! rolleyes1.gif Only thing, I would darken the grooms pants ... they loo a bit pixilated ...

Hope I didn't sound too harsh .... as I said, it looks like a fun wedding iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 23, 2009
    Appreciate you taking the time to comment on every picture.
    I always appreciate constructive critique, we each look a scene differently that is the beauty of photography, and of everyone having their own style.

If we all had the same creative vision how boring would that be??
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Hi Zoomer, beautiful photos as always! iloveyou.gif

I think my favorite is #6, love the sun in the background! iloveyou.gif

Can I suggest some things to look at? I hope its not going to sound bad, I REALLY love your photos!

#1. Love that pic, but I think it would have been better if her hand would have been placed somewhere else ...

#2. very pretty (love the wallpaper btw!) Maybe a light vignette?

#3. Cool photo ... wish it would have been somewhere outside - but I know it's winter, so .... and BOY do I recognize that hallway! You won't believe it, but that's all I had as a background for my last weddings posed photos headscratch.gifdeal.gif ... I would also try to clone out some of the fire alarms / lights ne_nau.gif

#4. very pretty, love the soft focus, think it works on this pic really well.

#5. Beautiful, maybe a light vignette / "Zoomer PhotoShop love" & I would try to cut out the top right corner ... might be a bit distracting?

#6. Love it, ... maybe a bit grainy, but you could fix that ....

#7. Very nice. I would maybe straighten out the edge of the mirror .... Also, the couple seems to be a little "stiff"? (Thrust me I'm running into that problem more than I want ... so .... ) ... wish they would be a bit more intimate ne_nau.gif

#8. Cute :), maybe the background is a bit distracting?

#9. Haha, cool shot. Aloha! :D

#10. Perfect shot.

#11. Haha, well here we go, if that's not intimate!!! rolleyes1.gif Only thing, I would darken the grooms pants ... they loo a bit pixilated ...

Hope I didn't sound too harsh .... as I said, it looks like a fun wedding iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    zoomer wrote:
    Appreciate you taking the time to comment on every picture.
    I always appreciate constructive critique, we each look a scene differently that is the beauty of photography, and of everyone having their own style.

If we all had the same creative vision how boring would that be??

Agree completely! thumb.gif:D
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    MY 2 cents:

Going with the we all view things from a different perspective point of view, I think it can very valuable to offer ones own view with a critique. But overall when viewing an image or series of images my method is pretty simple, and unsophisticated, I like it or I don't. In this case I like it, and much more importantly I bet the clients love them!

Good job!!

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 24, 2009
    Appreciate the positive feedback Sam. I like your method!
    I typically provide the most feedback to folks who maybe could benefit the most from it, trying to help out, or on a shot that has a lot of potential but just did not quite get there. For people that seem to have it pretty much together I tend to not provide so much as they normally have their own creative vision at work.

Yes the clients were very happy. They just came over and viewed their photos with us Friday. She especially loved the romantic look of the blur/glow black and white photos.
    Her very favorite was the elevator shot on the bottom, she said her Mom was going to just hate it.....which made her very happy....lol

Sam wrote:
    MY 2 cents:

Going with the we all view things from a different perspective point of view, I think it can very valuable to offer ones own view with a critique. But overall when viewing an image or series of images my method is pretty simple, and unsophisticated, I like it or I don't. In this case I like it, and much more importantly I bet the clients love them!

Good job!!

Sam
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Beautiful, as usual! I always really enjoy your pictures, and these are no exception! thumb.gif I especially like that well-placed star in #6, and I'm not surprised the bride like the bw processing - it's beautiful!

One tiny comment from the sidelines: that teeny peek of bra in the first one might be better cloned out - there's not enough of it to give the peekaboo effect, so to me it looks like it wasn't intended...

As ever, just a n00b's-eye-view, so take with a grain of salt!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Splendid photos!!thumb.gif

Looks like they had fun!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    The warmth of these images is really beautiful. They're rich, with great details and lots of emotion. Very nicely done.
    Scotty
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Zoomer,

You've done it again...very nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the elevator shot. But, as long as the couple like it, then that's great.

Thanks for sharing. Gives me ideas for my work every time I see your images.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    1, 4, 8 and 11 are my favorites here. I really like the idea of the elevator shot, like you captured something you shouldn't have (even though i assume it was posed)

Those flowers she had flown in are great!