How do you create this?

JayP4showJayP4show Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 23, 2009 in People
Hi,

I saw this picture of a friend of mine, and I wanted to know how the photographer created this high contrast/soft light effect while giving her flawless skin? I was hoping maybe someone knew how to regenerate that same effect? Thank you.

l_623566beee154218ae24a253c6caefb1.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    I'm not sure I understand the question...

First of all, the light is as harsh as as it can possibly be: check the crisp shadow on the wall...

Skin looks fine to me, but I really don't see any tell-tell signs of PS softening. The model may have a decent skin on her own or simply have applied a bronzer/skin glow cream (works wonders, HIGHLY recommended)

It is high contrast shot indeed, no questions about that. Complete with shadow patches, messy background, etc. ne_nau.gif That's what you get when shooting outdoors on a bright sunny day without taking any precautions. See, the problem usually is to avoid all those "features", getting them is easy...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    Looks to me that the sun is the key light and the wall is providing a slightly warmed up fill. The primary trick will be finding a good wall to use and shooting when the sun is coming in at the proper angle. I'd look for a south or southwest facing wall and shoot in the late afternoon.