Sunset in a field

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Landscapes
There's nothing spectacular here, just a soothing sunset.

As always, C&C welcome.

460517641_CSyiM-L.jpg
Randy

Comments

• BlinkingsBlinkings Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Awesome mate, and I'm so glad you included the plant on the right. Great work.
    All the best,
    Andrew
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Thanks Andrew,

Glad you liked it.
    Randy
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    I like it Randy. I don't know if it is the horrible monitor I'm on or not, but a touch more detail in the foreground would make it perfect. I'm also glad that you included the plant as well. thumb.gif
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    +1 on the plant, I think it really makes the shot.
    edited January 25, 2009
    Travis wrote:
    I like it Randy. I don't know if it is the horrible monitor I'm on or not, but a touch more detail in the foreground would make it perfect. I'm also glad that you included the plant as well. thumb.gif

Hey Travis,

On my calibrated monitor the foreground detail is there, not real bright, but there.

The weeds were in the right place, but I couldn't get the horizon where I wanted it also. Oh well...

Thanks for looking
    Randy
    edited January 25, 2009
    Loud Al wrote:
    +1 on the plant, I think it really makes the shot.

The weeds (plant) kind of looks like its watching the sunset. Probably does every night rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the comments.
    Randy
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 25, 2009
    Nice shot. I have no problem seeing the detail in the foreground. Although, I'd be tempted to increase the exposure on the whole shot a bit. It looks like you still have some leeway there before the sky starts to blow out. Do you shoot RAW? Might be a good subject for a pseudo HDR.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Nice shot. I have no problem seeing the detail in the foreground. Although, I'd be tempted to increase the exposure on the whole shot a bit. It looks like you still have some leeway there before the sky starts to blow out. Do you shoot RAW? Might be a good subject for a pseudo HDR.

Cheers,
    -joel

I agree with Joel. Wonderful shot!! Nice composition and subject matter. A liitle increase in the exposure would really bring this out.