Shipping Options / Canada

kiz5kiz5 Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Airmail Letter from the United States - $4.43
Airmail Parcel from the United States - $7.43
International Economy from the United States - $14.92
International Express from the United States - $25.42

These are the options available to order, to my area. From real-life experience, what are the expected delivery times of each? And, I believe with NAFTA, there shouldn't be any duty charges on these, but please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm really, really considering switching over to SmugMug, but just want to know of this prior.

Thanks!
Adrian

Comments

• Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    I recently made my first order from SmugMug using the Airmail Letter and it took 10 business days from the day that I got the email saying it was shipped.
    Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Hi

My real life experience is that the Air Mail options are really variable in the time it takes them to clear at the border.
    Kyle's experience of 10 days is typical, but it can take as much as 21 days.

I have decided to choose the International Economy shipping on all orders going forward.
    FedEx, Tracking number, and my recent experience has the order in my hands in 2 to 3 days. It seems to be about $10 extra no matter the size of your order, and I think it is worth the piece of mind to be able to track the shipment. FedEx has a great brokerage arrangement and I've never had any additional surprises that way (unlike UPS).

ann
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi

My real life experience is that the Air Mail options are really variable in the time it takes them to clear at the border.
    Kyle's experience of 10 days is typical, but it can take as much as 21 days.

I have decided to choose the International Economy shipping on all orders going forward.
    FedEx, Tracking number, and my recent experience has the order in my hands in 2 to 3 days. It seems to be about $10 extra no matter the size of your order, and I think it is worth the piece of mind to be able to track the shipment. FedEx has a great brokerage arrangement and I've never had any additional surprises that way (unlike UPS).

ann

Same for me too.

-- Lisa P.
  • kiz5kiz5 Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Wow, I had no idea shipping was that quick with that option.

Saves me from self-fulfilling some orders as well, because of people needing photos within a week.

ExposureManager has a ton of great features, but I think I'm about to make the adjustment, and move over to SmugMug soon. Just not looking forward to getting everything re-uploaded. =(