The landscape bug bit me

TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Landscapes
Here are some shots from my 5D with the 35L. Since I'm new to landscape, all C&C is appreciated.

IMG_3921.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

This shot I really like and plan on putting up in my office. The power of a good GND filter. Going to patch out the floating piers in photoshop.

sunset.jpg
My Kit
Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex

Comments

• anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Graduated Filter would have done with the last two. Darker trees in the second would really make that a good shot. The 3rd shot is quite nice a little more saturation in the sky and more contrast in the foreground would make it great.

Nice though- welcome to shooting landscapes.

It is like golf- boring for those not into it to watch- drives you mad most of the time- and every now and then you nail a good shot. :D
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • TaDaTaDa Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Yeah, the second shot, I didn't have my GND with me. I was quite annoyed about it when I saw the shot on my PC. I just bought another set of Hitechs, this way, I will have one set always in each of my bags.

The sunset shot (third shot) was with a GND, I just haven't started any post on it yet. I plan on getting rid of the piers, saturating the sky, boosting contrast, etc.
    My Kit
    Canon 5DII, Canon 7D
    Canon Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 35 f/1.4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon 85 f/1.2L II, Canon 500mm f/4 IS, Zeiss 21mm ZE
    Speedlite 580ex II, Canon 430ex
  • Allan FGAllan FG Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    The second would be much stronger if you set a black point, I think it could be a very nice shot then.