Practice..

Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in People
..will hopefully/eventually.....make perfect? Very first shot w/ the new Sig 50mm 1.4. The bokeh on this lens is crazy-smooth, especially @ less than 3ft from your subject. I softened this one a bit and did some color de-sat. As you can see, @ 1.4 you run the risk of losing DOF VERY quickly! Her left eye begins to become part of that buttery bokeh. Either way, I have a winner of a portrait lens on my hands. Wish me luck...I'm a people person, but the camera rarely is. :D Landscapes will have to play second fiddle for awhile. :D

My 5yr old: (The pinkish lips and cheeks is a combo of some G2 Tropical Punch and play make-up....Hey, I said I had to de-sat, remember? :rofl)

Please, Please Feel free to give me some C&C (poet and didn't know it)

Morgan-1.jpg

Comments

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Hey what a cute kid! and great poser too!

Have fun with the new lens!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Gotta love those dimples. Congrats on the new lens. You'll have to show us some more for with it.

I know you were experimenting to see what 1.4 would do, but I would like to see all of her face in focus. IMO, between the softening you did and the extremely shallow DOF, it looks almost like there was camera shake and the shutter speed was too low (????)
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Love Love Love the expression. Beautiful girl! I would also have liked to see her more in focus. I bet her eyes are very sparkly. Have fun with the lens.... 1.4 is great! will be one of my next purchases
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!