Old Cameras

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Cameras
A friend of a friend discovered these babies in his garage and asked for an advice if they worth anything. Here's a lousy cell phone snapshot

460859035_s2568-XL.jpg

Can anybody say anything about this stuff?
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    If the shutters work and the cams are in really good shape then yes they should be worth 75 to a couple hundred bucks to the right collector....especially if he has the manuals.

They look nice......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    If the shutters work and the cams are in really good shape then yes they should be worth 75 to a couple hundred bucks to the right collector....especially if he has the manuals.

They look nice......
    Thanks, Art!
    Shutter works, no manuals, what you see is all he has... No idea on the shape. Although my first ever camera was almost like this one, it's been a while (~40 years) since I actually used something like that...
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 24, 2009
    Nik,

What are the cameras? Look for not only the name but also the lens information like focal length and maximum aperture.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited January 24, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Nik,

What are the cameras? Look for not only the name but also the lens information like focal length and maximum aperture.
    They are both Kodaks. I should've taken a closeup of the front parts but I was in a hurry and it started to rain...ne_nau.gif
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    If you can get some idea of the model you can often find the manuals on-line; the biggest problem with these kinds of cameras, especially if they have been in storage, are light leaks due to pinhloing of the leather at the corner edges of the bellows (the leather, whne its old, gets dried out and often cracks.) If he wants to use these, he can tape them up (ugly) or get new bellows. Here's a site:

www2.hawaii.edu/~mkapono/bellows.htm
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • DNagataDNagata Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I bought a similar Kodak (A1-Autographic) on Ebay for about $50 and shoot 120 film with it. It's fun! I'm sure your friend could find a buyer. :)
    edited January 25, 2009
    I asked him to send me the pics of the front plate, and he did. They didn't come out too good (apparently cellphone camera in a low light) but here's what he got. It appears to be 1A Pocket Kodak.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 25, 2009
    I suspect that Art is correct in that case. $50USD to around $75-85 with the case.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I think you can utilize them in Model shoots...headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery