Options

PS4 locking up

LivingLargeLivingLarge Registered Users Posts: 120 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in Finishing School
:scratch I am fairly new to PS4, and am trying to create a pano from 14 images. My system is XP Pro, 4 mg ram, 128 mg nVidea card. I am using raw files from 50D. the program locks up after opening each raw and beginning to align the pano. Is there a preferred step by step process? Wheat should I change?
Thanks
“He who works with his hands is a laborer.
He who works with his hands and his head is a craftsman.
He who works with his hands and his head and his heartis an artist.”

Comments

• Options
    Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 24, 2009
    Do you really need 14 images to make the image work? If not, I'd try it with fewer images.

If you need all of those images, do a full reboot and close down all unneeded programs/threads before opening PS.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2009
    Shootin1st wrote:
    Do you really need 14 images to make the image work? If not, I'd try it with fewer images.

If you need all of those images, do a full reboot and close down all unneeded programs/threads before opening PS.

Yeah....it will be a 300 degree view from a mountain top. During an inversion, with the bluest sky I have ever seen. Oh yeah.wings.gif
  • Options
    Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Yeah....it will be a 300 degree view from a mountain top. During an inversion, with the bluest sky I have ever seen. Oh yeah.wings.gif

Then reboot, close down every non-essential program using their built in Exit if available. If not, use Task Manager and close down everything that doesn't have to do with keeping your system up, running and stable.

I've done one with 10 photos and it worked fine. Hopefully yours will too!

If not, find someone local that has 8GB on a 64 bit system that's willing to let you play.
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2009
    Shootin1st wrote:
    Then reboot, close down every non-essential program using their built in Exit if available. If not, use Task Manager and close down everything that doesn't have to do with keeping your system up, running and stable.

I've done one with 10 photos and it worked fine. Hopefully yours will too!

If not, find someone local that has 8GB on a 64 bit system that's willing to let you play.

Will do thumb.gif