dss 17 - looking for c's

TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
edited January 25, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
i sure would like some comments. pretty pls?

do you prefer one over the other in regard to the theme?

461175826_MANaq-XL.jpg

461175366_Qv8Hb-XL.jpg
Aaron Nelson

Comments

• TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    #1 thumb.gif for me ! Like the composition, the beautiful light and the pieces of background slightly out of focus !
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    No1 for me too.

Tim
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    #1 clap.gif. I like the tilt and the fact that you kept it in color.

Is it possible to make the vignette a little less dark? headscratch.gif
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    #1 for me, #2 has potential but it doesn't quite reach it for me
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    #1, but I'd crop some off the bottom, a little past your watermark. That puddle is way too distracting.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,215 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Add me to the list of those who prefer #1. I agree with the crop suggestion. Your photo is so very nicely done, but getting rid of part of that puddle would make it even better.

Sherry
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    #1 for sure. Really nice photo. I love the composition and the sharpness of the mane.

The puddle doesn't bother me. My eye goes to the mane and pretty much stays with the horse. I had to go back and look at the picture again to see what people are talking about.

Don't see how you can crop out all of the puddle and I suspect that cropping the picture almost up to the horse's eye would just cause more problems with the composition.

If you want to address the issue, you might want clone it out the puddle and retain the nice diagonal as is.

Or try a combination of clone and crop.

Whatever you decide, you have an elegant and very strong entry.

Best of luck to you!

Virginia

Email
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Flyinggina wrote:
    #1 for sure. Really nice photo. I love the composition and the sharpness of the mane.

The puddle doesn't bother me. My eye goes to the mane and pretty much stays with the horse. I had to go back and look at the picture again to see what people are talking about.

Don't see how you can crop out all of the puddle and I suspect that cropping the picture almost up to the horse's eye would just cause more problems with the composition.

If you want to address the issue, you might want clone it out the puddle and retain the nice diagonal as is.

Or try a combination of clone and crop.

Whatever you decide, you have an elegant and very strong entry.

Best of luck to you!

Virginia

15524779-Ti.gif I too was thinking cloning the puddle a bit might be better than a crop, since the comp is really nice as it is.

My only nit (and it's a small one): is there room to give that left hand side ear (horse's right) just a few more pixels of airspace? Those soft little ear-fuzz hairs are just clipped off, and I notice it (probably because I kept horses for years, and had to clip that earfuzz for show grooming on many an occasion, but fwiw. Or not, as the case might be!)

Strong shot.
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Hmm I like #2 better. ne_nau.gif It draws me in more for some reason, perhaps it seems like a more intimate pic and #1 just seems like a random shot to me.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    thank you! everyone!bowdown.gif

i will make some slight adjustments, how much will be determined by the deadline, and my kids needing poppy for other things...ne_nau.gif

Diva, i agree i wished i had just a little more over there....
    but thats it...
    shooting horses is far harder than i thought. (they are always wanting to smell the lens...hahaha)
    Aaron Nelson