A couple of my family

FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in People
My daughter asked me to set up my photobox this morning so I could take her pic in her Cinderella dress. I really need to take it out more often, there are creases in the background. I suppose I should iron them!!!
Enjoy!

461402280_dsXAf-M.jpg

The only reason this one has a white vignette is because my mother requested it to print.
461402201_58xW6-M.jpg

461402035_83SwL-M.jpg

I thought this one was good but looking at it again, it's real soft and I'm not sure I like it.
461402436_dyFyZ-M.jpg
~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
my real job
looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11

Comments

• Wes WeberWes Weber Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    I really like the first one - her tierra gives a hint of what she's wearing but doesn't give it all away. Her expression makes me wonder what she's up to.

You should keep your photo box out more! Our studio has been a staging area for home improvement projects for the last year or so, and I just got it cleaned out and set up again. We missed a lot of photos in the last year because of that, but we're back into it now!

Wes
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Wes Weber wrote:
    I really like the first one - her tierra gives a hint of what she's wearing but doesn't give it all away. Her expression makes me wonder what she's up to.

You should keep your photo box out more! Our studio has been a staging area for home improvement projects for the last year or so, and I just got it cleaned out and set up again. We missed a lot of photos in the last year because of that, but we're back into it now!

Wes

You know, I would but we have a very small house and no where to keep the photobox set up. It's a shame really because I could really use a ton of practice!!

This is the photo tent I have. I love it because I can fit people in it, but I don't have lights so I have to rely on opening up all the curtains in my livingroom. I want lights so terribly, but have no idea what to get. I'm hoping to get some with "ye old tax return" some of it anyway. The rest goes into savings!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job
    edited January 27, 2009
    Only one comment, wow I'm getting worse not better headscratch.gif ?
    ~Shannon~

my real job
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    heh..sometimes if you don't include a "critique welcome" or such verbiage and just say "enjoy" then folks may not comment as much because you didn't ask for any critique. They are just being polite!

The number of responses on your posts can and will be varied...and sometimes frustrating. Sometimes you see your post fall off the front page into the blackhole of "page 2" and think..what 478 looks and no replies?!?rolleyes1.gif

My observations are wrt to replies:

1) if you ask pointed question about some issue you are having you often get replies. The folks here are great about that.clap.gif
    2) if your shots are just magnificent you get repliesthumb.gif
    3) if your shots are really really bad..often you will get replies as well if critique is asked for. I think some folks see the obvious issues and can point them out easily and helpfully.
    4) then there are a lot middle of the road shots that some may find difficult to praise or to critique.ne_nau.gif
    5) I think there is recognition factor as well..the more the you post..the more other get to know you and the more they feel comfortable posting replies that are more candid in nature.

When you put a lot of work into some shots and it gets dropped to page 2 with out a reply..it can be frustrating but keep at it.:ivar To *some* extent it is social forum and you have to "pay your dues".
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited January 27, 2009
    OK, so I suck, my photos suck, no one cares, and I have to pay my dues, I got it now.
    thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

tee hee!!
    ~Shannon~

my real job