Options

Considering ordering some stuff from Bay Photo ROES.

Kyle DKyle D Registered Users Posts: 302 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi Everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of checking out the large prints available through Bay Photo ROES, but I don't know which one to start with. Since I do my own colour correction on a calibrated monitor that was almost bang on the SmugMug calibration print (differences probably due to the monitor being lit from behind) I was wondering which ROES to choose? Should I still have them do the full colour correction even if I've done it myself?

Also, I'm having a hard time finding the metallic prints in their catalog except in the competition prints section. Is there another way to choose metallic?

Finally, does anyone know how expensive the shipping would be to Ontario, Canada? Or had any experience with cross border stuff with Bay Photo?
Kyle D.

Not allowed to enter Henry's alone anymore...

Kyle Derkachenko Photography

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I've been toying with the idea of checking out the large prints available through Bay Photo ROES, but I don't know which one to start with. Since I do my own colour correction on a calibrated monitor that was almost bang on the SmugMug calibration print (differences probably due to the monitor being lit from behind) I was wondering which ROES to choose? Should I still have them do the full colour correction even if I've done it myself?

Also, I'm having a hard time finding the metallic prints in their catalog except in the competition prints section. Is there another way to choose metallic?

Finally, does anyone know how expensive the shipping would be to Ontario, Canada? Or had any experience with cross border stuff with Bay Photo?

Kyle,

I just got off the phone with Bay Photo, and they said while they don't have the prices broken out for metallic, luster, gloss, etc on the website it is in their Bayrose ordering system

They recommended I watch their Bayrose video.

As for shipping to Canada, I don't have any experience there.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2009
    I just watched a small portion of the Bayrose ordering process, and all I can say is wow! Incredible flexibility.

Like a 747 compared to a biplane.

Sam
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    Kyle,

I just got off the phone with Bay Photo, and they said while they don't have the prices broken out for metallic, luster, gloss, etc on the website it is in their Bayrose ordering system

They recommended I watch their Bayrose video.

As for shipping to Canada, I don't have any experience there.

Sam

Thanks for that information, but I've looked in their ROES ordering system and can only find the metallic prints in the Competition Print section and was really wanting to order a metallic 24x36. The competition print sizes are only 8x10, 16x20, 20x20, 20x24. I was also wanting to order an 10x30 in metallic too but can't find that option.
    Kyle D.

• Options
    edited January 26, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    I just watched a small portion of the Bayrose ordering process, and all I can say is wow! Incredible flexibility.

Like a 747 compared to a biplane.

Sam

I watched it last night and was very impressed, except for the entire fact of not being able to find the metallic prints. :cry
    Kyle D.

• Options
    edited January 27, 2009
    Kyle D wrote:
    I watched it last night and was very impressed, except for the entire fact of not being able to find the metallic prints. :cry

Kyle,

When you open the Bayrose order system, and begin to process an order the option is there, with pricing. It is not in the general price list, and no I have no idea why it's done that way. :D

Sam
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Bay Photo
    I have seen a lot of images processed by them and I signed up to order from them - really excited about it! I love the ROES interface they have.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com