Canyon

wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited January 26, 2009 in Landscapes
789-r3005_2.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Just amazing, W, for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. What kind of setup are you using? (If I may ask.) Are you using a GND? If so, What model? I have tried (and tried) with an el cheapo Cokin P121 GND, but cannot get my foreground near that perfect. How many stops does it take?

_mrlassiter
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    This is great. I have a similar picture and found the foreground most difficult while keeping the deep red on the mountain.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    For what it's worth, here's a shot I took about 3 minutes before the last one.
    791-r3004.jpg
    Anybody can do it.
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Wel,
    WOnderful landscapes Thanks for the detail process flow.

Eia, Mrl... wIthout "Gradual" ND Filters to gain properly exposed forgrounds and backgorunds one must utilize some form of layer adjustments and masking in photoshop. If you shoot in RAW many times you can mask different exposures from the same photo. If you are not familiar with layer masking. Do a quick google on the term and it should return a wealth of tutorial information.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    niice shot! whats with all the easter eggs on the foreground though?mwink.gif at leasr that is what they look like!wings.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Wfeller, thanks for the detailed accounting. I know how to do layer masking, but I usually shoot jpg, guess I'll go back to RAW and get more into the processing. I love the way you process your shots. I, like you am not in the position to buy the expensive filters. I DID break down and get a second flash, though, for the twins when they get here in June. That's gonna be fun.
    For now, I'm gonna reread your post a thousand times...
    -mrlassiter