4 more posters designs

sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in Sports
This year I am feverishly working to replace my old poster designs with an entire new set. With that being said, here are four more!

Going retro with the first two posters!
Retro_01.jpg

Groovy maaaaan.
Retro_02.jpg

Stand back, this one is hazardous!
Hazardous_Background.jpg

I'm still on the fence about this design. In my head, it looked way better. I'd love to hear you comments about this design.
3D.jpg

Thank you for looking.

Comments

• aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I like "Groovy Maaaan" best of the 1st 3 poster designs. I think the last design would make a cool "trading card".
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I really like the last design the best, especially with that player pose. Love the 3-D effect, like he's running out of the poster. Depending on the player's pose it might not have the same effect, but this one is awesome.

Stephanie
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    wow really nice and great job I really like 1, 2 and 4.

#4 looks just like a sports trading card
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    hmmm, I don't know here. The graphics are so incongruous with the theme of football, it looks a bit like the Laugh-in logo. Maybe beach volleyball or something similar, but I don't see frilly graphics like 1 and 2 for football.

#3 has some interesting possibilities, but seems to stark for the purpose here. I'm trying to determine when I'd use something like that. I'll keep thinking...

#4 is the one I would pick given these 4 options, but it looks more suited to Rollerball than football, or the "Running Man"

Sorry, my $0.02
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • sonny_csonny_c Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Thank you guys for the compliments!

tjk60 wrote:
    hmmm, I don't know here. The graphics are so incongruous with the theme of football, it looks a bit like the Laugh-in logo. Maybe beach volleyball or something similar, but I don't see frilly graphics like 1 and 2 for football.

#3 has some interesting possibilities, but seems to stark for the purpose here. I'm trying to determine when I'd use something like that. I'll keep thinking...

#4 is the one I would pick given these 4 options, but it looks more suited to Rollerball than football, or the "Running Man"

Sorry, my $0.02

No worries, Tim. That's your opinion, no harm done.mwink.gif I know not everybody is going to like them. Each time I create a new design, I like to get feedback from forum members before I actually start selling these to customers.

I did have to look up the word "incongruous"...never heard that one before. What is "Laugh-in logo" mean?
    edited January 26, 2009
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    love that last oneclap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
    edited January 26, 2009
    Thanks guys for the feedback! You comments will definitely give me something to think about.

It's funny how I see my own work. Poster #4 was my least favorite. I felt it was incomplete and lacking something. I just "threw" text on the wall to fill the voids. I'm happy you guys like it!

#3 was my favorite. It's a sleek simple design with a lot going on in the background. I'll prolly do something else with the text. #1 & #2 are a close second because they were so much fun to design.
    edited January 27, 2009
    sonny_c wrote:
    Thanks guys for the feedback! You comments will definitely give me something to think about.

It's funny how I see my own work. Poster #4 was my least favorite. I felt it was incomplete and lacking something. I just "threw" text on the wall to fill the voids. I'm happy you guys like it!

#3 was my favorite. It's a sleek simple design with a lot going on in the background. I'll prolly do something else with the text. #1 & #2 are a close second because they were so much fun to design.

I'm not an expert, and can see from your work that you know what your doing. bowdown.gif

But, IMHO, #3 was too simple, and the radioactive/danger theme just seemed a bit out of place. #1 is very cool work, but it had a bit of 60's-ish look (reminded me of the Laugh-In show....rolleyes1.gif ) and the graphics caught my attention more than the player. #2 puts a lot more emphasis on the player. #4 is very cool; I really like the 3D effect. What application are these done in?
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com
    edited January 27, 2009
    aj986s wrote:
    I'm not an expert, and can see from your work that you know what your doing. bowdown.gif

But, IMHO, #3 was too simple, and the radioactive/danger theme just seemed a bit out of place. #1 is very cool work, but it had a bit of 60's-ish look (reminded me of the Laugh-In show....rolleyes1.gif ) and the graphics caught my attention more than the player. #2 puts a lot more emphasis on the player. #4 is very cool; I really like the 3D effect. What application are these done in?

Photoshop CS3
    edited January 27, 2009
    sonny_c wrote:
    This year I am feverishly working to replace my old poster designs with an entire new set. With that being said, here are four more!

Going retro with the first two posters!

Groovy maaaaan.

Stand back, this one is hazardous!

I'm still on the fence about this design. In my head, it looked way better. I'd love to hear you comments about this design.

Thank you for looking.
    Hi. I'm not a pro and like everyone else said these are cool and you look like you know what you're doing. I just thought I'd add that I had to make football posters this year (for high school) and got my sister the art director for an ad agency, to critique them. the biggest thing she gave me crap about was the font. For football, she said, the font has to be bold and aggressive. No curlicues. no thin fonts either. So like your first 2 posters would be cool for gymnastics, but not so much football.

To me the nuclear one is neat, but could use more pictures in the empty space, and maybe could be color coordinated with the team better. I like the matrix one too except for the #2 thing in it. What if each square had another photo in it?

You sure can make photoshop do some neat stuff!
    anna