#17 I ran out of time :o(

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited January 26, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I wish I had had more time, another time zone would have done lol.

MrsCue shoots portraits this one should be easy for her...NOT!!!

I wracked my brains for the whole 2 weeks. Watching the entries and thinking "Ooh ooh no-one has entered what I wanted to enter."

Well I had my entry nicely prepared but didn't enter it because a couple of my friends said to me, "It isn't saying HAIR to me."

What?! Eye-Lashes are hair right? :cry

So I rushed an entry in last night with hair as my main subject.

It's pretty literal to be honest because my daughter could only do one side of her hair. She needed help with the other side but that would have taken time I didn't have.

Now I know it's too late but I would be interested to know what YOU think?

These were my favourite 2. There are 2 more further on.

#1 "Adorn"

3228408859_14ba5f77d1.jpg?v=0

#2 "Locks & Lashes"

3228408521_edfc42a0a9.jpg?v=0
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Allison, both photos are lovely. thumb.gif Perhaps for the hair Challenge the one with your model applying the mascara would have been a good choice. Sorry you just missed the deadline. :cry

But now you have High key/Low key to work on....rolleyes1.gif
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    How about just plain beautiful! for #2

No neither of them scream hair to me either but.... They do both incorporate enough of the theme I personally would not have hesitated to enter. My philosophy is if you do not enter you can not know how it will be received by the judges.

I absolutely adore the DOF, crop, crispness and simplicity of #2
    and your daughter is a stunning subject!
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Thank you both. She is one of a matching pair.
    The other twin is my current entry. Should have followed my heart shouldn't I?
    I LOVED number 2 too. Gutting part is that, that particular image was ready to go on time!!! :cry
    I'm not having a good day *sniff sniff.*
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

edited January 26, 2009
    #17 I ran out of time :o(
    The other 2 were moved for me and are now in here.

3228408263_bbc8d4c124_o.jpg

3229258390_bdf469298e_o.jpg

edited January 26, 2009
    Look at it this way... You took the time to capture some beautiful portraits that can be added to your portfolio.

It IS a good day!

Thanks for sharing them.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    The last shot does nothing for me but the others are great. Nice lightiing, arstistic cropping, and good job with the skin. The 1st 2 I like the best. clap.gif
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited January 26, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    Look at it this way... You took the time to capture some beautiful portraits that can be added to your portfolio.

It IS a good day!

Thanks for sharing them.

Thank you so much and knowing how close I came to you in #16 just blows me away. I feel like I have climbed the ladder slowly but now I am up there with the best. (YOU being one of them). I'm on cloud 9 clap.gif

edited January 26, 2009
    MrsCue wrote:
    Thank you so much and knowing how close I came to you in #16 just blows me away. I feel like I have climbed the ladder slowly but now I am up there with the best. (YOU being one of them). I'm on cloud 9 clap.gif

I am flattered that you hold me in such high regard, I was just as surprised as you at the results of #16.
    It looks like your day just became even better! Congratulations on making it into the voting round once again, Good luck!