A friends Honda Civic Type S - HDR and Non-HDR

IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
edited January 27, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
We went for a bit of a drive to get some shots of his new car. After driving around and finding only muddy carparks full of lots of other vehicles, I rememberd a little clearing I know of.

Conditions weren't brilliant but I got a couple of ok shots. Decided to HDR one of them. The non-hdr was taken just as the sun (which was behind) was going down behind the hills.

HDR (I know some are going to hate this one.. heheh ;) )

Canon 50mm 1/160@ F1.8, ISO 100

461727670_74Aup-O.jpg

...and the NON-HDR. Slightly different composition.

Nifty Fifty, 1/500 @ F1.8, ISO 100

462384603_JqepU-O.jpg

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I would prefer the first one with another sort of processing. Hard to say how i would have done it but i dont really like the HDR you come up with. Composition is good i think.
  • IPClarkIPClark Registered Users Posts: 2,355 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    Arvan wrote:
    I would prefer the first one with another sort of processing. Hard to say how i would have done it but i dont really like the HDR you come up with. Composition is good i think.

That's fine Arvan, I must admit, I posted it over at talkphotography.co.uk and it's had mixed response there some for and some against ;)

I think the thing about HDR is that it has such a broad spectrum of results that it can swing in very opposite directions with regards to how people like it or dislike it :)

Thanks re. the composition of course :)
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I think the HDR is not bad at all if you look just at the car. I don't care for the backdrop in either. I think it might looked better in an urban more neutral setting. headscratch.gif just my 2 cents
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited January 27, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    I think the HDR is not bad at all if you look just at the car. I don't care for the backdrop in either. I think it might looked better in an urban more neutral setting. headscratch.gif just my 2 cents

Cheers :)

Yeah I think a nice industrial background could be good. I know of a couple of places where urban/industrial could be employed. :)
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    IPClark wrote:
    We went for a bit of a drive to get some shots of his new car. After driving around and finding only muddy carparks full of lots of other vehicles, I rememberd a little clearing I know of.

Conditions weren't brilliant but I got a couple of ok shots. Decided to HDR one of them. The non-hdr was taken just as the sun (which was behind) was going down behind the hills.

HDR (I know some are going to hate this one.. heheh ;) )

Canon 50mm 1/160@ F1.8, ISO 100

...and the NON-HDR. Slightly different composition.

Nifty Fifty, 1/500 @ F1.8, ISO 100

Hi there.... I like the way the car turned out in HDR in the first shot,
    but I am not keen on the background.

Both shots look good, just the HDR doesnt look so good in the background of the first shot ..... The Car looks Sci-Fi thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited January 27, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there.... I like the way the car turned out in HDR in the first shot,
    but I am not keen on the background.

Both shots look good, just the HDR doesnt look so good in the background of the first shot ..... The Car looks Sci-Fi thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Hehe, yeah the background has been mentioned elsewhere too ;)

Unfortunately, at the time, it was the only one we had however I'm gonna sort out an urban decay kinda shoot with him as well.

Thanks for the comments of course ;)