Options

Phoenix (Scottsdale) in mid-to-late February

cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in Location, Location, Location!
Hi all,

I'm heading to Phoenix (Scottsdale to be exact) in mid-to-late Feb for a holiday.

Anyone have any great shooting location suggestions. Trying not to rent a car. Might do a bike day-trip, but we're wishy washy on maybe renting a car for a day-trip up north...

Anyway, fire away!
CW
(shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L

Comments

• Options
    anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    cdub wrote:
    Hi all,

I'm heading to Phoenix (Scottsdale to be exact) in mid-to-late Feb for a holiday.

Anyone have any great shooting location suggestions. Trying not to rent a car. Might do a bike day-trip, but we're wishy washy on maybe renting a car for a day-trip up north...

Anyway, fire away!

If you are looking to do scottsdale with out a car I would recommend old town Scottsdale and Taliesen West. Old town has a bunch of shops, architecture, and art (museums, galleries, and street art).
    A hike up Camelback mountain from 64th St. (the easy way up) will give you some amazing views of the Phoenix metro area.
    Check to see if there are some events going on in the area.

The best stuff is indeed a drive away but there is stuff within an hour or within a day- just depends on what you are looking to see or shoot.

Let me know the exact dates and what part of Scottsdale you will be in and I will look into it some more for you.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • Options
    cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Hey thanks for those suggestions. We'll be there the 19th thru the 24th of Feb.

Much appreciated.
    CW
    (shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    cdub wrote:
    Hey thanks for those suggestions. We'll be there the 19th thru the 24th of Feb.

Much appreciated.

Maybe this will help: http://www.scottsdalecvb.com/listings/index.cfm?action=showListings&catID=1573&subcatID=58&navID=2

It is a bit congested in parts of Scottsdale so a bike might be hard. They offer trollies and buses if you want to stay around Old Town but 30 minutes up the road you will see some desert!