We miss you shatch!

sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
edited February 24, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I don't know about everyone else but I for one was reminded today when I saw this...

462908744_4B5sZ-O.jpg

Not one but two of the same amazing winning images from Steven.
The last time I talked to him he had some really big life changing things happening and he said that he would likely not be able to participate for awhile.
I hope that all is going well for you Steven, I miss your presence in the challenges. Your skill and humility are always a pleasure to see.

We hope to see you back again soon!

Sean

Comments

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Just echoing Sean's sentiments --

WE MISS YOU!!!iloveyou.giflustiloveyou.gif

Hope all is well and that you'll be back soon.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    I was thinking about Shatch a few weeks ago....thinking that the challenges surely seem different without him.

I miss the "outside the box" interpretations AND execution.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Same here....I sure miss his entries. Hope your doing okay...hurry back...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    That is weird, for some reason I was thinking about him and his great photos just yesterday! Hope to see him come back.
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    I miss seeing his creativity and reading about how he made it happen. He really added to this forum. Hope that everything works out and that he comes back soon.

Virginia

Email
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Has anyone tried emailing him? ne_nau.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Hope all is well - definitely been on my mind too!
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Has anyone tried emailing him? ne_nau.gif

Yes I just did today
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Maybe if everyone emails him and floods his server, he will have to come in here to at least just tell us to leave him the heck alone. :D Then we throw out the challenge bait and cast the net before he escapes.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 27, 2009
    yeah I had posted a couple months ago saying the same thing....I miss Shatch's work and the man behind them too!!
    edited January 27, 2009
    JAG wrote:
    yeah I had posted a couple months ago saying the same thing....I miss Shatch's work and the man behind them too!!

Wow has it really been that long.... my how time flieseek7.gif
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    I sure miss him to. Such a wonderful creative man and person. He has been a real inspiration.

My last email was about a month ago also. I just haven't sent another because I know they are all so very busy and didn't want to disturb them but now you all have made me think I better email as well.

gail

Miss you Steven
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Wow! Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes! Curious Camel emailed me at my new email address which very few people have(my old address is down). So when I hopped on DGRIN, Sherstone had left me a PM (Thanks Sherstone) which led to this thread.

Life has changed a bunch for me. In October of last year, I purchased a business to add to mine (real estate). And although the market was down compared to last year, I was still making a good living, and serving as our market's association president. Two weeks after I purchased the other company, a CEO of a local marketing company who I had sold a home to a year before called me up and invited me over to visit. Three hours later, he offered me a job as VP of International Sales. They flew me to a convention on their corporate plane with the Chairman of the Board. My wife liked the company. We talked about it as a family and prayed about it and decided to make the change.

I started Nov 1. Since then it has been a fire storm of events and trips around the world. If you like airports, airplanes, hotel rooms, and conference rooms, you would love it. Boy, am I grateful for Skype!

So my photography has really dropped off. I did get a voicemail today to shoot a cover for a magazine. Wonder if I can pull it off. Anyway, I do miss the creative side of life. Haven't shot a good photo for months...take that back, I did set up a couple of lights for Christmas Eve and morning. :)

I have been able to spend about ten minutes every other week on DGRIN. I like how things have progressed. You are all progressing very well. Congratulations!! Also appears to be some new DGRINNERS on board too. Great to see that.

Thanks again for the well wishes and kind thoughts. I do hope to join you again in the future. Your kind words inspire me and make me want to be back with you.

Best wishes to all of you!!!!

Steven
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Congratulations, and so glad to hear that all is well with you. Hope you will be able to join us again soon, your creative and often times very humorous images are very missed! I for one always anticipated your entries, so inspirational! Best of luck with your new ventures!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Glad to hear that life is treating you well, Steve. Amidst all the doom and gloom you hear on the news it's nice to hear something positive for a change. As you can see, we all miss you very much and hope to see your creative side again soon!

eek7.gif Can't imagine what that will be like after it's been all bottled up for months. rolleyes1.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    And this, THIS is why I love dgrin - COMMUNITY!

Congrats to you and, while I'm sure it's hard being on the road (believe me, I know all about that!), I'm very happy to hear things are going well for you.

Come back when you can -as you can see, you are missed!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    Congrates Steven! Its great to hear a good report. May you and your family continue to be blessed! Just remember all work and no play makes you age quicker!
    edited January 29, 2009
    shatch wrote:
    Thanks again for the well wishes and kind thoughts. I do hope to join you again in the future. Your kind words inspire me and make me want to be back with you.

Steven

Great to hear from you!
    Thanks for coming by to give us an update.
    edited January 29, 2009
    Now, what's happened to so many other missing (and amazing players)?

Indiegirl
    Pemmet
    Liquidair
    Fashiznitsngrins
    Seastack
    Povertybarn
    vandana
    urbanaries
    Nikolai
    eoren1
    beachbill
    peterst6906
    tlee
    SunsetSailor
    AnnMcRae

to name just a few. I know we see some of them here and there on other areas of Dgrin, but I really miss seeing their work in the challenges. :cry
    Emily

• TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    i could name 10 more off the top of my head...(ok maybe it would take me a minute)

we miss them all!

i was thinking the same thing about Sherstone missing a while back and now he is back im not so sure im too happy about iteek7.gif (total kidding, Laughing.gif)

thumb.gif just my little post to call out all competition thats awol.... bring it on!
    Aaron Nelson
    edited January 29, 2009

:cry
    I was actually thinking the same thing. Thanks Emily for putting it into words.
    thumb.gif just my little post to call out all competition thats awol.... bring it on!
    :D:D:D:D
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009

Indiegirl
    Pemmet
    Liquidair
    Fashiznitsngrins
    Seastack
    Povertybarn
    vandana
    urbanaries
    Nikolai
    eoren1
    beachbill
    peterst6906
    tlee
    SunsetSailor
    AnnMcRae

to name just a few. I know we see some of them here and there on other areas of Dgrin, but I really miss seeing their work in the challenges. :cry
    Wow, I'm on that list clap.gif.... Actually don't know if that's a good or bad thing headscratch.gif
    No good excuses for not visiting lately. I've been exploring other areas of dgrin but felt like my creative juices weren't really flowing. That is until our recent trip to the Turks and Caicos and my 1500 shots in 7 days! I think I'm going to be back in the swing of things real soon.

The guy that I keep thinking about is the one who started all this...Shay! Still wonder what happened and how he's doing...
    Thanks for thinking of me/noticing my absence. I'll try not to let it happen again :D
    E
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Congrats on the life changes Shatch, good for you and your family!!

To those that have missed me HELLO, since I haven't been around in a while. I have not been around, as a lot of people know, I work with a lot of musicians and have been kept pretty busy in the world of live gigs, and band photo shoots.

I try and come in when I can, and check on the progress of everything. To all the NEW Dgrinners......WELCOME!!

I definently miss Shay.....I believe he was the BEST!!

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited February 23, 2009
    I always wanted to know what chopped liver felt like.:tough
    Emily

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    I always wanted to know what chopped liver felt like.:tough

Like Me......
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited February 24, 2009
    Tentacion wrote:
    Like Me......

Ah well, Donna, you're always missed! I just know you keep yourself busy.

Good to see you back, even if briefly.
    Emily