Options

580 EX Speed light

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited January 29, 2009 in Technique
I have been meaning to ask this question for awhile.

I have two AB 800, 1 580 EX, and 1 wireless skyport transceiver, and 1 skyport receiver. When I connect the skyport to the studio strobes everything works well.

I need more lights, but that will need to wait a Little bit. I have tried to use the 580 EZ connected to the skyport receiver, and have that trigger the studio strobes. It works, but every 90 seconds the 580 EZ goes to sleep, and I have to manually power it up.

How do you people shooting with multiple speed lights on location keep them from going to sleep?

Sam

Comments

• Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Sam wrote:
    I have been meaning to ask this question for awhile.

I have two AB 800, 1 580 EX, and 1 wireless skyport transceiver, and 1 skyport receiver. When I connect the skyport to the studio strobes everything works well.

I need more lights, but that will need to wait a Little bit. I have tried to use the 580 EZ connected to the skyport receiver, and have that trigger the studio strobes. It works, but every 90 seconds the 580 EZ goes to sleep, and I have to manually power it up.

How do you people shooting with multiple speed lights on location keep them from going to sleep?

Sam

One of the custom functions will prevent the strobe from going to sleep. Take a quick peek at the CF chart in you manual.
  • Options
    edited January 27, 2009
    Thanks!!!!

I thought RTFM. Now I have to put reading lessons on my to do list. :D

Sam
  • Options
    Shootin1stShootin1st Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but here are two options:

http://eosdoc.com/manuals/?q=580EX* page 28 has a list of the custom functions.

C.Fn-04 Slave unit's auto power off
    0 Auto power off after 60 min.
    1 Auto power off after 10 min.

C.Fn-05 Cancellation of slave unit's auto power off ,
    0 Cancellable with master unit within 1 hour
    1 Cancellable with master unit within 8 hours
    Constructive Criticism Welcome!
    All photos are Copyrighted and Registered. Please don't use without permission.

5DSR 16-35 2.8L III 24-70 2.8L II 70-200 2.8L IS II
  • Options
    edited January 29, 2009
    Thanks for the follow up post. I was able to find it from Liquidairs post.

I wish I new this a week ago. :D

I have to use custom features more.

Sam