Help Me Out Of The Basement.

TDS 1964TDS 1964 Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited January 27, 2009 in Sports
Hello All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Recently I've been leaving the studio taking pictures at sporting events and having a blast. <o:p></o:p>
My question is , how do I make some money. I don't need to get rich I would just like to cover some expenses. I can think of three ways.<o:p></o:p>
1. Ask the promoter if I can place some flyers on the registration table.<o:p></o:p>
2. Ask the promoter if I can place flyers in the goodie bags that are usually given out.<o:p></o:p>
3. Ask the promoter for access to the registration forms so I could contact the racers myself directing them to my SmugMug site.<o:p></o:p>
So my question is, what in your opinion would work best. Are promoters generally friendly types? Is there another method I'm not thinking about?<o:p></o:p>
At the few races I've done so far I had a couple participants actually come up to me and ask where they can purchase images. That is what brought me to this site last weekend.<o:p></o:p>
For several years now I have just been taking product shots for a handful of Artists.....I NEED TO GET OUT OF MY BASEMENT STUDIO its just not fun anymore. <o:p></o:p>

Comments

• acidburn_85acidburn_85 Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    Word of mouth has always been my favorite. Print up some simple business and hand them out. I would start with that. You have a 50/50 chance with the promoter I would give him a card to go check out your work and see what he says.
    40D, 20D, 17-55 2.8 IS, 100 2.8, 70-200L 2.8 IS, 300L 2.8 IS, Plus a ton of strobist gear and studio lights.