Here's a few shots I took the other day of a friend around Grapevine, Texas

5.jpg
25.jpg
23.jpg
10.jpg

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    I like #1 a lot. clap.gif Bold dynamic composition, nice soft light, great color match between her eyes and the bacground.
    Border doesn't work for me though ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • mrlassitermrlassiter Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    I love #2... great processing and the focus s dead on in the eyes. Bravo!iloveyou.gif

-mrlassiter
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Beautiful eyes. Number 2 is my fav.
    Jaye
  • JeriAmrineJeriAmrine Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Whoa! Those eyes!! Very nice series.
    Jeri

www.jeriamrinephotography.com

Gear: Canon XTi, some Canon lenses, a few filters, lights and other gadgets I'm not quite sure how to use...yet!

Always wanting new glass....

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 28, 2009
    very nice. I like 1 the best too.
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Aha, local to where I am....I love number #1, as said the lighting is beautiful and in the 1st and 2nd the eyes really capture the shot.

I don't understand the processing in your third shot though. It makes her face/skin look dirty. Maybe she is a tad cool in the shot as well...??
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Did you do anything to lighten her teeth?
    Sorry, but it looked like you put some effort into retouching skin and even tooth texture, but the tooth color really distracted me. It shouldn't (i.e.: I shouldn't be so whatever), but it did.

Otherwise I liked #2 and would have liked #1 better than #2 if the overall color hadn't been quite do done.

Then again, I'm just a relative noob, who even spells noob wrong. :D
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
  • Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I really like the joy you caught in #1 and #2. As others have said, the lighting is superb. For me, the what appears to be highly processed eyes work for me in #1 and #2 but any further you would lose me on #1.

Would #4 better if there was at least some profile?
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    Hey, thanks for all of the feedback.. and no, I have not done anything at all to the teeth. And I did not soften skin on number 1.. she's got really smooth skin. Thanks for all the feedback.. and if you have another border you think would look good, let me know.. I don't have very many borders... and I don't really even need to use borders.. but I kinda like them. But thanks again. All 25 pictures from that shoot are on my site at www.jondraperphotography.smugmug.com
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    Also, number three is supposed to be a kinda David Hill or Mark Flemings look.. the kind of hand painted or grunged look.. Not real sure how to describe it. So thats why her skin kinda looks dirty.. I didn't really clean that up very well.. and thats my bad.. but yeah. Thanks for the feedback again