"Midday Slumber"

Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Another from this past summer...

IMG_1234.jpg

C&C welcomed and encouraged
Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking

Comments

• jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    This shot has a nice composition and subject. If I looked at this longer I could probably come up with some nice metaphors around life withthe bark the vine and the moth all intertwined together :)

Now to take this shot further it could use some post processing. The colors are a little muted and it lacks pop. If you boost this photo with some level adjustments, contrast adjustments, and some sharpening I think the photo will stand out even more. I am at work now so can not edit the photo but if you don't mind I may give it a shot when I return home.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!
  • Shades of HyperionShades of Hyperion Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    jstpeter wrote:
    This shot has a nice composition and subject. If I looked at this longer I could probably come up with some nice metaphors around life withthe bark the vine and the moth all intertwined together :)

Now to take this shot further it could use some post processing. The colors are a little muted and it lacks pop. If you boost this photo with some level adjustments, contrast adjustments, and some sharpening I think the photo will stand out even more. I am at work now so can not edit the photo but if you don't mind I may give it a shot when I return home.

When I did the post processing on this photo I laid a semi-transparent B&W layer over the original to intentionally mute the colors and give the photo a less "bright and sunny" feel. When I started processing the photos from the days outing I really wasn't in the mood for more "sunshine and roses" photos so my first thought was to go B&W, but eventually decided to go for something in between the two. I know the muted colors aren't to everyone's liking, they're more a reflection of my mood while shooting and processing that day.

Thanks for taking the time to comment, I appreciate the input.
    Scooba Steve

Shades of Hyperion photography
    Extraordinary photos can not be had standing where everyone else is standing, looking where everyone else is looking
  • jstpeterjstpeter Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Fair enough if that was the mood you were trying to convey. I think B&W may work well.
    Would love to hear from you on my blog, or website!