sunset on the gulf

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
edited January 28, 2009 in Landscapes
I'm grasping at straws! trying to get back into taking some decent shots and just can't seem to find it... what ever "it" is.. I'm not displeased with this sunset (yes another sunset) but not thrilled with it either. Comments and critiques appreciated.

463480166_bS9yu-L.jpg

Comments

• jopapecajopapeca Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Hi

I like it a lot. The sun light effect behind the clouds is super thumb.gif.
    Also the horizon line silhouette in contrast with the orange makes a great composition.
    best regards
    Paulo Campos

My photos at Flickr
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited January 28, 2009
    I think it looks good. I might crop most of the water out so that the land is right near the lower portion of the photo.
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Great sky and Sun Rays. +1 for a crop I think I would crop the foreground water to about where the reflection starts to hit the water. Very nice image

Ray Still
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Hey thanks everyone, great feedback. I've cropped it as suggested and I think it looks better.

463538323_vdjWZ-L.jpg
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    With the palms being a main subject in this, I would have also cropped alot of the sky down to just over the top of the cloud bank, even w/ the rays coming through the tops....almost similar to a pano-type image. Please, if I may, give it a slight try and will remove immediately if that is your wish.

palms.jpg
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 28, 2009
    Great shot, Lynnma. thumb.gif I think both crops work, so you're call on that. (Suffice to say I don't agree with Idlewild's crop.)

Cheers,
    -joel