#18 - some practicing - need help :)

GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
edited January 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I have never done any low key/hgh key stuff (intentionally anyways!) and I am not sure if I am on the right track.

Would this be considered low key? Or is it just underexposed? Does it have to be B&W or can I leave colour? I am a tad confused if you can't tell. Just wait until I attempt some high key shots! :huh
462985835_rHpSB-L.jpg

Comments

• KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Pyro added a link to a very good explanation of High Key and Low Key in the DSS Entry thread.

I like this but it needs more drama ... more contrast and I'd prefer more white in the dominoes.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Pyro added a link to a very good explanation of High Key and Low Key in the DSS Entry thread.

I like this but it needs more drama ... more contrast and I'd prefer more white in the dominoes.

indeed, i'd play around with some levels quite frankly. bring up the whites.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    ok, this looks really dull. you are going to need to make the edges of the dominoes POP a little...

the forth and fifth dominoes back are LOW KEY. notice the shadows cast upon the faces? that is what your going for "I.M.humbleO"
    but,
    this is surely a good start. and alot further than i have gotten....thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback! The dominos are not what I am planning for my entry btw. I just needed to do something small and hands-on for practice so that I knew where to start. I *think* I understand a bit more clearly now :) Let's hope! hehe