Tilt-Shift Seattle

theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Seeing Andrew's (Blinkings) posts had me wondering how to produce tilt-shift photos. I followed his link, found a few more "how to" pages and managed to create some fun pictures in Paint Shop Pro.

463739437_kmfiE-L.jpg

463739283_NE966-L.jpg

463738965_UBioi-L.jpg

463739196_NGqHo-L.jpg

Comments

• grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Wonderful series Shaun and nice job with the tilt shift!! I'd have to say the 1st shot is my favorite.
  • Tao ZeroTao Zero Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Nice photos Shaun, I have been working on some tilt-shift too. I need to go take some more pics though. The photo you have of the train in your HDR gallery may look kinda cool with the same effect. Giving it a toy look. But maybe the train is too tight of a crop....
  • BlinkingsBlinkings Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Stirling work there indeed!
    All the best,
    Andrew
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Tilt-Shift Train
    Tao Zero wrote:
    Nice photos Shaun, I have been working on some tilt-shift too. I need to go take some more pics though. The photo you have of the train in your HDR gallery may look kinda cool with the same effect. Giving it a toy look. But maybe the train is too tight of a crop....

Thanks!

Funny you mentioned that because I tried. The crop is too tight and the level of the shot doesn't work. However, you've made me think of a few shots that would be fun tilt-shifted, like an amusement park or a playground with children.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    I love the first one the best. Love the shoreline, water and reflection. Too cool. thumb.gif
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Very good. I like #1 the best. thumb.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers