edited May 23, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
whaddya tink....:D

22671694-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    Good lord, Lynn.

A good shot of an every day occurance, now why didn't I think of that? My gator would not be happy.

It is a great shot, great capture, and what the hell were you doing outdoors, except taking that fantastic photo...........the one I used to dream of taking.

I would be in the basement now, and we don't even have one: yet.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    clap.gif Wow! clap.gif Virginia

Email
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    Fantastic shot, Lynn! Most people would put their safety before a challenge entry. Not our lynn!mwink.gif

I didn't think that happened in Massachusettsne_nau.gif

mitch
  • Options
    edited May 21, 2005
    Were you with those "twister" chasing people?

The light is fantastic. Looks like a wide lens, so the twister looked closer to you than it does to us.

I really did used to stay outside with the sirens blaring, in Wichita Kansas, hoping to risk my life for a twister. I had Nikon in hand. Never got the opportunity. (1971)

We won't even get a good hurricane til fall, and I hate to joke about that. They don't photograph well anyway, too big.

ginger
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    Lynn, you faked all that in PS? Nice job! clap.gif I think technically that would be a funnel cloud, although it may be 'touching' the ground and we just can't see it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    Excellent entry, I think thumb.gif
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited May 21, 2005
    Gadzooks! I can FEEL that picture. Fantastic capture clap.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    wxwax wrote:
    Lynn, you faked all that in PS? Nice job! clap.gif I think technically that would be a funnel cloud, although it may be 'touching' the ground and we just can't see it.
    :D
  • Options
    judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 21, 2005
    It is going to be hard to top that!!! Great job! clap.gif
  • Options
    PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Ya heres my question did you airbrush the down cloud? heh i was jsut wondering great shot either way ;)
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2005
    Prezwoodz wrote:
    Ya heres my question did you airbrush the down cloud? heh i was jsut wondering great shot either way ;)
    I used the liquify tool.. and messed with it endlessly.. I'm not going to enter it :D but I could'nt resist it.. here is the near original from raw.

22724138-L.jpg
  • Options
    DeanMcMDeanMcM Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Run Faaaasst!!!
    lynnma wrote:
    whaddya tink....:D
    Great shot! clap.gif
    Dean - New York
    Canon Rebel Xsi, Fuji FinePix F10
    mcphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2005
    After "Alaska" asked, I could see where it could be done.

Goes to show how things can not be what we think they are these days, if we only go by the words and photos of the news.

To say the least of bodies of the celebrities.

I love the photo. If you do not enter it, that leaves Gus the winner. I am sure glad I told him he should enter it, even if he already had those plans, I feel kind of like I had something to do with his entering it, sooooooooooo I feel better about such a stupendous photograph showing up.

I remember ONE lightning storm over the ocean the year I had the beach house. We all watched it, It was stupendous. I took no photos, talked to people who had. I will never forget it. Just awe inspiring, no fright at all. I/we were in a screened in porch, raised house, could see the whole thing.

ginger

So, neither of us have seen a twister like that? And I lived in Tornado alley. I am more scared now than I was then. We had a basement then, but I would walk to the corner, listening to the sirens and hope to see a damn tornado. Of course I had my Nikon.

Now, with no basement, I could dig my own basement with my bare hands, if I were to see that!:jawdrop
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    After "Alaska" asked, I could see where it could be done.

Goes to show how things can not be what we think they are these days, if we only go by the words and photos of the news.

To say the least of bodies of the celebrities.

I love the photo. If you do not enter it, that leaves Gus the winner. I am sure glad I told him he should enter it, even if he already had those plans, I feel kind of like I had something to do with his entering it, sooooooooooo I feel better about such a stupendous photograph showing up.

I remember ONE lightning storm over the ocean the year I had the beach house. We all watched it, It was stupendous. I took no photos, talked to people who had. I will never forget it. Just awe inspiring, no fright at all. I/we were in a screened in porch, raised house, could see the whole thing.

ginger

So, neither of us have seen a twister like that? And I lived in Tornado alley. I am more scared now than I was then. We had a basement then, but I would walk to the corner, listening to the sirens and hope to see a damn tornado. Of course I had my Nikon.

Now, with no basement, I could dig my own basement with my bare hands, if I were to see that!:jawdrop
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I could'nt possibly enter it rolleyes1.gif i'ts not real.. It would be unethical to me since the other fantastic shots ARE real.. (they are real ar'nt they?)rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Fooled me! Just shows to go! rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the chuckle! Good to keep the challenge in perspective. thumb.gif Of course, now there is that magnificent lightening picture to discourage me. :D

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2005
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Fooled me! Just shows to go! rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the chuckle! Good to keep the challenge in perspective. thumb.gif Of course, now there is that magnificent lightening picture to discourage me. :D

Virginia
    yeah.. me too!! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    Thank you for "coming out"
    I got very suspicious the moment I saw it (it didn't look right to me, and after Andy's foggy horse I learned where to look for the clues), dowloaded your shot, used liquify - and a few minutes later I got another twister next to yours with almost identical pixel structure..
    Good job, thou!thumb.gif
    I guess we need a separate forum for "Guess how I did this" type of post-work..:D
    Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 22, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I could'nt possibly enter it rolleyes1.gif i'ts not real.. It would be unethical to me since the other fantastic shots ARE real.. (they are real ar'nt they?)rolleyes1.gif
    bb..bbb..b...but lynn...i planned it all too. I secretly go & pinch a truck from work at night & drive some huge earth stakes into the ground in front of where ever im going to be with the camera.

Thanks Ginger...i wasnt going to enter the challange until you mentioned it as im just too busy doing other stuff at the moment & it wasnt until you mentioned it that i went & looked at what the challange was about...

Its just so weird to get a storm like that in winter here.....in summer i have seen one like that every day for 6 days straight. Always at least 1 or 2 a week. But for winter it just so odd....

We are currently looking at moving house & the girls have a pre-req for a pool & mine is a high view to the south west for lighting. All parties have agreed & we are currently on the hunt for such a place.

Gus
  • Options
    searching4pixsearching4pix Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 23, 2005
    PS Twister
    I'm from the midwest....immediately recognized this as a Photoshop liquid....Won't fool too many in tornado alley with this one. :):
  • Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2005
    When I opened this thread and saw your twister shot, I said to myself "Wow" great entry. Even though it is a product of photoshop I still love the shot.
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    Lynn, PS is allowed, I was thinking about that. Why not use it? Certainly keep it in reserve, just in case you don't get a real twister in the time slot needed (I don't know about you, but I never get the shots when I need them).

A real one might not look as dramatic, either. :lol4

Sorry, that was a bit of dark humor on a serious subject. Lynn, done gone Hollywood with great special effects. An Oscar, or an Emmy might be in order.

g
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    I'm from the midwest....immediately recognized this as a Photoshop liquid....Won't fool too many in tornado alley with this one. :):
    Hi Searching wave.gif
    welcome to digrin!! I had a feeling you guys down there in the midwest would see right through my little joke...rolleyes1.gif gonna take a lot more that a liquid tool to create a tornado :D
  • Options
    edited May 23, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, PS is allowed, I was thinking about that. Why not use it? Certainly keep it in reserve, just in case you don't get a real twister in the time slot needed (I don't know about you, but I never get the shots when I need them).

A real one might not look as dramatic, either. :lol4

Sorry, that was a bit of dark humor on a serious subject. Lynn, done gone Hollywood with great special effects. An Oscar, or an Emmy might be in order.

g
    Thanks Ginger and Thanks Sandy... I was just playing really... If it was a photoshop challenge I'd enter it but it's way too off base for me. I mean.. I love photoshop but I could just as least put an elephant in the field as well:lol4I have my limits. I like photoshop to clone out the odd thing or two but I draw the line at having the whole crux of the shot be fake.. unless, as I said, it's a lets see some fake photoshop shots.
    1drink.gif thanks for the fun comments tho rolleyes1.gif