#18 read everything-how is this low key?

ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Seems like I have been reading & reading on this challenge which has been interesting as examples vary considerably. My only model for the day is lucky boy "Gizmo" so here is a shot that I think may be low key-need to change the compostion I know but have I got the right lighting? Light on dogs right on stand just higher than him and reflector on left
464070024_ewFos-L.jpg

and here is high key?
464081537_giijr-L.jpg
Amanda
It is never to late to become what you might have been.
www.behindthezoom.com

Comments

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    oooo...the high key looks really good! I like it better. I think the low key might need the dark side just a little more dark (IMO). That is such a cute model! Gizmo is a cute name too for such a nandsome dog. I bet he works for food huh?
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Gizmo
    JAG wrote:
    oooo...the high key looks really good! I like it better. I think the low key might need the dark side just a little more dark (IMO). That is such a cute model! Gizmo is a cute name too for such a nandsome dog. I bet he works for food huh?

I agree (as the owner of a lhasa apso named...Gizmo) I really like your HK rendition and the low key you can take away the reflector, move the light a bit closer in.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    thank you Jag & Chatkat for input!! He was so funny-I couldn't keep him standing -the blanket & room were getting warm from the lights and he just wanted to stretch out flat on the warm blanket.

another high key try - tried leaving some color this time any better than the blk/wht high key?
    464169615_GTNGn-L.jpg
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    That first high key if you can add back the color like the last one. Those pose is superior in that first one. Looks real good.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    That first high key if you can add back the color like the last one. Those pose is superior in that first one. Looks real good.
    15524779-Ti.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009

15524779-Ti.gif 100%

he's adorable!
    edited January 29, 2009
    took your advice and brought back color to blk/wht - on the right track now for an entry? Thank you so much for all you C&C it is much appreciated!!!
    464272027_F8PJD-L.jpg
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif 100%

he's adorable!

Oh yeah! 1st HK!!!!!!
    tom wise
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    I like the first Highkey just the way it is.

Peace, gail
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    A little late to the game here, but I 15524779-Ti.gif - 1st HK in B&W is the best of the group (was going to say "pick of the litter" but thought better of if mwink.gif). Love the pose and the coloring is so perfect for the B&W conversion. I think the color masks something or, maybe, doesn't add anything to the photo. It lacks something for me compared to the B&W.
    edited January 30, 2009
    Thank you for all your help/opinions!! I think the first blk/wht gives more of the "high key" look according to all I have been reading. I have one more idea and will try it this afternoon - if it doesn't pan out due to time constraints I will have to go with as Scott said "the pick of the litter" wow, maybe that is a title too????
    Amanda
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Yes, The First One
    The first one is the best as it is.

Since we have our own Gizmo, we say he is "Dog of the Week". Every week he is dog of the Week. Daisy our other dog is Dog of the Day.
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009