A Day in Paris

kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in Landscapes
Ok, it's not really Paris, it's EPCOT at Disney World in the Paris section. Every time I walk pass this area I have to take a picture. We must have 100 pictures of this scene and all taken from a slightly different angle, height......BUT it never turn out like I want it. Here are a couple shot that I have taken and would love opinions on what I can do next time. I love this scene and can't wait to get a picture of it that's just perfect. They have recently removed the boat from the scene :cry

294885026dsc0106fv2.jpg

img0033kb3.jpg

and my least favorite, just threw it in here hoping someone could help..
img0034ms8.jpg

Comments

• kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I should probably add that the only way you can see this scene is from a bridge so I am unable to get any closer or lower than these pictures are taken..bummer I know.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Hey Kyeezie,

I've personally shot this very same scene on several occasions. I never got one that I thought was very good. For some reason, it looks like it would be a better capture than it turns out to be. I finally decided, because of limitations on positioning, that I could not isolate adequately the really interesting elements....even using different lenses. I don't shoot that scene any more.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    At least I know I'm not the only one that has struggled with this shot. I don't want to give up yet though. iloveyou.gif
  • aj986saj986s Registered Users Posts: 1,100 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    I think in the first one, some PS tilt&shift/miniaturization tweaking can make the picture more interesting. Keep the painting in focus, and Gaussian blur the surroundings.
    Tony P.
    Canon 50D, 30D and Digital Rebel (plus some old friends - FTB and AE1)
    Long-time amateur.....wishing for more time to play
    Autocross and Track junkie
    tonyp.smugmug.com