Please help me out of my misery (non DSS)

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
I need to choose a photo (just one) for another exhibit and have to have it submitted no later than Tuesday, Feb. 3. I'm having a helluva time trying to decide which one to enter. A local artists group of which I am a member is holding this exhibit and it's open to all different kinds of media (not just photos). I gotta tell you, choosing 3 is much easier than choosing one. One constraint that I have is that the photo must be able to go into a 16x20 mat with an 11x14 opening. That's because I'm out of 18x24 mats. :rolleyes

Your comments, C&C will be much appreciated. Thanks.

I've narrowed it down to these:

360868153_Tc9mt-M.jpg

412245389_6jQCu-M.jpg

463458130_RJn3S-M-1.jpg

464214447_SFKnr-M.jpg

Comments

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Hmm I'm torn as well... I will think on this one a bit - Right now I'm on my 15 min coffee break so I do not want to rush a decision.

So far though I like 1533, and heart in a window better than the other two
    for the envirionment your submitting them to (more artsy) I am guessing.

but like I said I'll think about it for a few more hours and let you know my more composed thoughts later mwink.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    Well, as I've been saying you have a style you're developing recently, the fourth of these seems to stand outside of that, though not less stylish. give some more time to all of us, but ultimately you will have to decide and be happy nonetheless...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    i think that pink ladies shot is more interesting (artistically) than the others imo......

have funthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    #2....Blew my Azz away!clap.gif
    tom wise
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited January 29, 2009
    of these I like #2 best.
  • leaheleahe Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2009
    I like #2 the best as well. The subject seems to be going into the mist of the unknown.
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    i think that pink ladies shot is more interesting (artistically) than the others imo......

have funthumb.gif

I am going to agree with Aaron here, its what I was thinking and looking at it again it definitively is the most artsy.

The #2 is certainly very serene and peaceful but for an art crowd will it work?
    Whats your thought on that?
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    I scrolled up and down, up and down, and more ups and downs, and stopped each time on the pink ladies. It is intriguing. If I saw it at a show, I would stop and ponder it.
    Growing with Dgrin

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Thank you all so much for looking and commenting.

I visited this show last year as a guest and liked what I saw, hence my reason for joining. There will definitely be some fine painters exhibiting works of theirs as well as some fine photographers, one of whom happens to be a fellow SmugMugger. :D

I'm caught between choosing something "painterly" (winter scene, kayaker scene) or something more "photographer-y" (locomotive, mannequins). headscratch.gif Just thinking out loud here -- no one else will have that same winter scene though there may be other winter scenes there, not likely anyone will have a kayaker in the fog, there's a remote possibility someone else may submit a shot from the same trainyard, and a slightly stronger possibility that someone may submit a mannequin shot from that same shop. Oy vey! :bash

Maybe the trick would be to print out copies and see how each looks with a mat and a black frame?

You know....it's so much easier to just submit more than one piece and just let the chips fall where they may. rolleyes1.gif
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    another vote for the ladies, good luck Linkda

peace, gail