My URL without the .smugmug.com

The Wild EyeThe Wild Eye Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited January 30, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I have purchased my domain name and added to my pro account. When I type it in it takes me to my site....www.samswartz.net. but as soon as the site starts loading the URL changes to www.samswartz.smugmug.com. So then when people want to book mark my site they are book marking www.samswartz.smugmug.com. not my domain name www.samswartz.net

I hope this is clear....

Is this something some one can help me with?

THANKS!!
The Wild Eye

Canon 1D Mark II, 16-35mm, 28-135mm, 50mm, 100-400mm, 1.4X, 600mm FD & 1.4X FD.

"Wildlife photography drives my passion. But there is something about being in the midst of a scenic view that takes your breath away."

www.SamSwartz.Net

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Yeah - you have forwarding set up not a proper CNAME Alias. See our help page, and do holler if you need help with this. It's really easy, just CNAME your domain name to domains.smugmug.com thumb.gif
  • The Wild EyeThe Wild Eye Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah - you have forwarding set up not a proper CNAME Alias. See our help page, and do holler if you need help with this. It's really easy, just CNAME your domain name to domains.smugmug.com thumb.gif

SORRY!! Can you add a link for the help page. I should probably know where it is but....I can't find it!!

THANKS ANDY!!
    The Wild Eye

Canon 1D Mark II, 16-35mm, 28-135mm, 50mm, 100-400mm, 1.4X, 600mm FD & 1.4X FD.

"Wildlife photography drives my passion. But there is something about being in the midst of a scenic view that takes your breath away."

www.SamSwartz.Net
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    SORRY!! Can you add a link for the help page. I should probably know where it is but....I can't find it!!

THANKS ANDY!!
    It's there in the post, and here too: http://www.smugmug.com/help/professional-accounts