OverLays

colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
edited January 31, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I don't know if any of you guys have though bout this... I saw some the where way better then mine but I still wanted to share them with you guys....

Day time Ferris wheel and night time Ferris wheel
160353602_ChZCk-M-4.jpg

My minx cat and a day lily
160354561_5gJHz-M-4.jpg

Photo one is Beach Chairs, Photo two is Palm Leafs
186691722_T3bSg-M-4.jpg

Photo One is the Ocean, Photo two is hibiscus flower
186692023_HkCXd-M-4.jpg

This is a really simple thing to do and if don right can add some unique death to a photo... the ones I was at the art show where 3-4 photo's deep really made me want to give it a try... right now I can only think in a 2 photo depth I want to try and get a 3 or 4 that looks really sweet.....

would like to see what some of you can come up with.........
A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    The first one is pretty good. But I'm not sure about the others. I think overlays are tricky, and not because they are technically hard to accomplish in post-processing. Rather, bringing two images together and making the result work artistically is a huge challenge.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    yea I is really tuff a totally agree that my first one was the best.... I had another one I really liked

let me know what you think of this one

Photo one is the Old Hunter Art Museum, Photo two is the New Hunter Art Museum
    160353500_MuNLD-M-4.jpg
    A Day where One can Spend all day doing something they Love is a wonderful day in deed... ~sparky~

Sparkyphotography.net
    edited January 30, 2009
    yea I is really tuff a totally agree that my first one was the best.... I had another one I really liked

let me know what you think of this one?

Honestly? It's confusing. My eye keeps going to what looks like the point of a missile or airplane on the top left. For the life of me I can't figure out what that is? The edge of the roof on one of the bldgs, I suppose. Right? It's just too busy, I think. At least one of your images needs to be pretty simple. But I'm curious as to what others think, too. I'm quirky sometimes.
    Jeff Meyers
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    I don't know if any of you guys have though bout this... I saw some the where way better then mine but I still wanted to share them with you guys....

Day time Ferris wheel and night time Ferris wheel
    My minx cat and a day lily
    Photo one is Beach Chairs, Photo two is Palm Leafs
    Photo One is the Ocean, Photo two is hibiscus flower

This is a really simple thing to do and if don right can add some unique death to a photo... the ones I was at the art show where 3-4 photo's deep really made me want to give it a try... right now I can only think in a 2 photo depth I want to try and get a 3 or 4 that looks really sweet.....

would like to see what some of you can come up with.........

I think this is one of those things that you either like or don't
    Sort of like Abrstracts, I personally don't like abstracts but then every now and then someone will post something that is just amazing, so it gets down to personal taste.

I'm not keen on Overlays, but I'm sure someone will post a beauty one of these days and I will say WOW that's cool rolleyes1.gif

I would also pick the first shot as being the better of the bunch.

I love it when people try new things and share with the rest of us clap.gif
    This is what I enjoy the most about Dgrin, and this is how we all learn so much......... because someone shared nod.gif

Thank you thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited January 31, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    I think this is one of those things that you either like or don't
    Sort of like Abrstracts, I personally don't like abstracts but then every now and then someone will post something that is just amazing, so it gets down to personal taste.

I'm not keen on Overlays, but I'm sure someone will post a beauty one of these days and I will say WOW that's cool rolleyes1.gif

I would also pick the first shot as being the better of the bunch.

I love it when people try new things and share with the rest of us clap.gif
    This is what I enjoy the most about Dgrin, and this is how we all learn so much......... because someone shared nod.gif

Thank you thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

15524779-Ti.gif. I hope my earlier quick note was not taken as a slight against overlays or any other creative techniques. Not at all. Dgrin is a great place to share new things. And I always appreciate HONEST appraisals. I post some pretty lame shots and wish that someone would just say, hey, that's lame. And tell me why. mwink.gif
    Jeff Meyers
  • colfraglesscolfragless Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Thx Both Skip and Jeff... I always welcome CC..... glad you guys like the first I think its one of me strongest.... I think with overlay the keys is to have a very flat image something most of us would just delete b/c our eye would tell us that it is flat and there is no reason in kepping the image...... and for that reson I know its really tuff to do them well....

Sparkyphotography.net