wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited February 3, 2009 in Landscapes
480-r2968-8x10.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    wfeller wrote:

Interesting shot. I like the composition. The foreground erosion matches the erosion the background hills but something doesn't quite do it for me. Maybe a bit of contrast boost might help.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • CoreheadCorehead Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Next time, take a "dry pan" with you and see if there be any "color" (aka, gold) in that wash!

Gotta pay for your dream camera toys somehow, right?!
  • philiphutsonphiliphutson Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Interesting shot. I like the composition. The foreground erosion matches the erosion the background hills but something doesn't quite do it for me. Maybe a bit of contrast boost might help.
    -Philip

I happened to look at this one again from another system and actually the contrast looks good. I haven't calibrated the monitor of the machine I used to look at it the first time (nor actually this one, neither are my workflow machine). With this other machine the colors look good.
    -Philip
    If you want to see paradise simply look around and see it.
    -Willy Wonka
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    I like this a lot! There is a lot of drama in it, which is a holy grail to my mind.

I think it must have been a challenge composing, having to decide how much foreground as against how much sky. Both are great!

I would like to see another version for comparison, where you are closer and really involved with the "foundation and architecture" of those cliffs (closer up there is much more drama), and a bigger sky is crashing against them.

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Love the colors in this; the sky has great drama!
  • Rebekah FullerRebekah Fuller Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 1, 2009
    Awesome Color
    I'm a complete newbie at this, so I'm full of "dumb" questions. I would assume that the colors in this shot have been tweaked somehow, since they're so saturated. Did you alter this in a photo-editing software? or did you use any filters on the camera? Or both/neither?
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Thank you everybody. This was a nice bit of wandering while some light rain passed. Spent about two hours just drifting.

Not much processing at all on this one. A little dodging in the stream bed.
    Anybody can do it.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    I think it's superb as is--very nice comp, rich colors, dramatic sky. It would look great on my den wall! :D

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    I think it's superb as is--very nice comp, rich colors, dramatic sky. It would look great on my den wall! :D

Lauren

Thanks Lauren!
    Anybody can do it.