Minolta APO Tele 600mmm f/6.3

azoth7azoth7 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited January 31, 2009 in Cameras
I am looking for information about this lens, particularly how good a lens it might be. Thanks.

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 30, 2009
    This forum (flea market) is specifically for purchasing/selling inquiries.

As I understand your query, you are looking for technical information about this lens, and as such, I'm moving this thread into our Gear forum. If I've misunderstood, and you're looking to buy, please let me know and I'll move it back.

thanks, and welcome to dgrin,
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• azoth7azoth7 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited January 30, 2009
    MD APO Tele 600mm 1:6.3
    Thanks for the welcome, Erik, and for moving this thread to the appropriate forum.

Be well,

Robert
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,082 moderator
    edited January 30, 2009
    Wow, that is a fairly rare lens. I've never even seen one but it is my understanding that the MD APO lenses (not that many) were of good design and should be nice performers.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Manfr3dManfr3d Registered Users Posts: 2,008 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    azoth7 wrote:
    I am looking for information about this lens, particularly how good a lens it might be. Thanks.

Since you've asked this question in all kinds of forums already without a good answer, why not try to contact Minolta directly? Apparently there are 3 versions of this lens: http://minolta.eazypix.de/lenses/index.html
    “To consult the rules of composition before making a picture is a little like consulting the law of gravitation before going for a walk.”
    ― Edward Weston
    edited January 30, 2009
    Manfr3d wrote:
    Since you've asked this question in all kinds of forums already without a good answer, why not try to contact Minolta directly?

Minolta cashed out of the camera business and sold to Sony. Sony doesn't seem to support much from the Minolta manual focus era.

The user community probably is the best source of information for older Minolta system products. This particular lens probably has a very small user base so finding reliable information is going to take a lot of searching and asking around.
    ziggy53
    edited January 30, 2009
    MD APO Tele 600mm 1:6.3
    Thanks for the link, Manfr3d. That was helpful, and I failed to find that page in my web search. According to the chart, my lens--the one I bought but will not be seeing for a month due to travel--is version 2, which (my lucky day) happens to be in a Nikon mount, so perfect for my D300 camera. I did hear from an owner of this lens that it is, in his words, "a stellar performer."

I would still be happy to hear any further information and/or opinions about this lens.

--Robert
    edited January 30, 2009
    azoth7 wrote:
    ...--the one I bought but will not be seeing for a month due to travel--is version 2, which (my lucky day) happens to be in a Nikon mount, so perfect for my D300 camera. I did hear from an owner of this lens that it is, in his words, "a stellar performer."

A Minolta 600mm, f5.6 ... in a Nikon mount? Are you certain about that?
    ziggy53
    edited January 30, 2009
    Yes, totally certain, and apparently mine is not the only example. See this link:

http://www.kevincameras.com/gallery/album5382/minolta_600_6_3_apo_2001044_1

Still looking for information on this lens: how many were ever manufactured, how the image quality compares to other super telephoto lenses, etc.
    edited January 31, 2009
    azoth7 wrote:
    Yes, totally certain, and apparently mine is not the only example. See this link:

http://www.kevincameras.com/gallery/album5382/minolta_600_6_3_apo_2001044_1

"Very" cool. thumb.gifthumbclap.gif
    ziggy53
    edited January 31, 2009