Options

WTB: Looking for laptop

iodphotographyiodphotography Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited February 5, 2009 in The Kitchen Sink
Hi All~

My laptop just died, so I'd like to replace it as soon as possible because I will be on the road throughout the next month. I would prefer a somewhat newer (2005 or later) Mac with a matte screen and the capability to handle Photoshop, LR, iLife, Word, ect, although that's not necessary.

My old laptop was a PC but my desktop is a Mac, so I'm open to either, as long as it can handle a photo-editing workload.

Bonus if it already has some software that I mentioned already loaded, especially Photoshop!

Ideally, I would like to spend under $500. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2009
    Try the Dell outlet. You can find a refurb there with great specs that's within your price range. If you google a bit you can often find a coupon that will bring the price down even more. I got my wife a 13.3" Dell 1330, Core 2 Duo Processor, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, etc. for <$500. She's had it for several months now and loves it. It's the perfect size for a travel laptop.
  • Options
    cdubcdub Registered Users Posts: 123 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2009
    Hi All~

My laptop just died, so I'd like to replace it as soon as possible because I will be on the road throughout the next month. I would prefer a somewhat newer (2005 or later) Mac with a matte screen and the capability to handle Photoshop, LR, iLife, Word, ect, although that's not necessary.

My old laptop was a PC but my desktop is a Mac, so I'm open to either, as long as it can handle a photo-editing workload.

Bonus if it already has some software that I mentioned already loaded, especially Photoshop!

Ideally, I would like to spend under $500. Thanks!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the perfect fit for you, but I am selling a 2004 Mac PowerBook 15" with 1 Ghz processor, 1 Gb RAM (2 x 512mb), 80 Gb HD (HD is only 3 years old), with a nearly-new battery that's less than 1 year old (only 41 charge cycles on it). This is the aluminum model. It's in perfect working order, nothing wrong with it at all. I take very good care of everything I own, and this is no different. Comes from a smoke-free and 1-small-dog home. Cosmetically, there are a couple of scuffs on the lid as per any 4 year old computer, but no dints, dings, or anything else. It has FireWire 800 and 400 (useful for backing up to a FW HD or using a FW card reader), 2 USBs, optical in and out, s-video, CD R/W, DVD R, etc.

I'm asking $500. It's a great computer, with more features than today's MacBooks (FireWire 800 for example) but I am selling it because I have 4 other macs (!), 3 of them laptops, and this one won't fit the bill for Aperture 2. I do, however, run Office, iWork, iLife, Photoshop and have run big pro apps like Logic Pro on it routinely, and it performed flawlessly. I will be wiping it clean prior to shipping, so you'd have to buy an OS and any desired programs yourself.

Comes with the included power cord, manuals and most of the documentation, as well as a custom fit, protective sheepskin wrap for use when in transit.

$500 USD all-in - I'll take care of shipping and Paypal fees.
    CW
    (shoot first, then ask questions)

www.cdub.ca | www.cdubphoto.smugmug.com | Twitter | Canon 5DII + Canon 24-105 f/4 L, Canon 580EX II, Gitzo GT1541 + Acratech GV2L