4.464692964_FgZpM-XL.jpg

5.464698563_QGuTm-XL.jpg

6.464687223_SRUbU-XL.jpg

7.464794408_PLbRL-XL.jpg

Comments

• roentarreroentarre Registered Users Posts: 497 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    She does look stunning in deed!

Great use of negative space and the lighting is just simply superb! wings.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Very nicely done. I love the white outfit with yellow belt and shoes on her. Very complementary to her skin tones. Good job with the lighting. thumb.gif
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Love 'em, love 'em....but even sitting on the floor, I would have ditched the white rug. The hardwoods would have made a nice BG.
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Caroline!!!!!!!!!!!clap.gif I'm very impressed. Great job. First time model? You did a great job of hiding her smaller eye. Love it.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    Thanks, everyone. I should have an outdoor shoot with her soon. I'm studying all the angles in this set so I'll have a good idea of what works for her next time. This model is also my teaching assistant, so we were able to be pretty comfortable with each other despite the lack of experience on both sides. She'll be passing my name along to a few friends who are models, so I'll have the opportunity to build up a nice little portfolio. We have a lot of actors and musicians in Austin, so I'd like to get into doing photos for entertainers.

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    You are NAILING the lighting - love it! Although the dress looks great on her, there's something about the jeans outfit that really works for me, especially against the black (in fact, I think #4 could be really cool if you altered the wood floor to black just to see what it looked like - neat shot!)

I agree that the rug is distracting - actually, with the background/floor contrast, it might have been fun to try some shots straight from above her on the floor with just the wood as the background.

thumb.gif
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    You are NAILING the lighting - love it! Although the dress looks great on her, there's something about the jeans outfit that really works for me, especially against the black (in fact, I think #4 could be really cool if you altered the wood floor to black just to see what it looked like - neat shot!)

I agree that the rug is distracting - actually, with the background/floor contrast, it might have been fun to try some shots straight from above her on the floor with just the wood as the background.

thumb.gif

That's certainly a thought for next time. I really like how the shadows fall across that floor. It's my classroom, by the way! I didn't have enough space for her height in my living room, but my classroom is huge. We have to flip it for Sunday school every weeks anyway, so all our stuff is in wooden shelves that are turned around, or in the closet. I also rolled up our giant rug and put it behind the backdrop. I used our easel as a reflector stand.

Oh, and this time, I used the gold side of my reflector. I also used a large piece of white foam board. I still can't wait to see what I could accomplish with another flash. We're poor right now, though, so the sb800 will have to wait.

Caroline
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited January 31, 2009
    I still can't wait to see what I could accomplish with another flash. We're poor right now, though, so the sb800 will have to wait.

Caroline

Oh, I hear you on that - that's where I am too right now. I want an umbrella, a real stand (I'm still using my Trekpod as a lightstand - great for sitting, but can't use it standing) and a SECOND FLASH! I'm scouring craigslist and ebay in the hope I might score a functional-but-banged up 550ex, 430ex, or even another 420ex and really have some fun! I'm trying to talk my husband into letting me set up part of the basement as a mini-studio, too - it'll still be cramped even down there, but at about 10x15 would be better than my 8x10 music room :D